A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 28th September 2020, 12:53 PM

Hi there....

I'm interested your lights though not sure if they'll fit mine? My build sticker has peeled off...how would i check what the build is? Contact the dealer with my chassis number perhaps? Or ask them for the OEM part number for both lights to see if they are compatible?

Cheers....
Old 28th September 2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irelandbuyer View Post
Contact the dealer with my chassis number perhaps?
Exactly that. They should be able to call up the details for your car.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 28th September 2020, 01:14 PM

Thanks steamship....actually, i found a sticker also on the inside of the service book....

My car (2007 3.2fsi), doesn't have xenon's listed as a part...so I'm guessing that unless these lights come with ballasts etc that they wont work...?

Would be timely because my RHS light is misting up from time to time and was going to get them refurbed as a bit milky looking....
Old 28th September 2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irelandbuyer View Post
My car (2007 3.2fsi), doesn't have xenon's listed as a part...so I'm guessing that unless these lights come with ballasts etc that they wont work...?
That would be my impression as well. Try contacting the seller direct and see exactly what comes with the headlights (i.e. with or without ballasts, etc). Not 100% certain about this one, but might be worth asking for a photo of the connector on the headlight unit, so you could compare with your own, as they may OR may not be the same.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 29th September 2020, 01:51 AM

You will need these to adapt. https://www.kufatec.com/en/audi/a8/a...di-a8-4e-36269
They do come with ballast, these are the cornering ones. I will try and take few more photos

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 8th October 2020, 11:10 PM

Let me know if you are still after them buddy.

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 14th October 2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-M3 View Post
Let me know if you are still after them buddy.
HI there,......yes, definitely i'm interested as current ones are fogging up...but i'd be literally handing these to my mechanic and asking him to fit them for me. So i'd need it to be ready to go...

On reading some other posts, it appears a lot more involved that a plug and play with the kit:

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7209

Or perhaps not...but someone here might be able to give some insight?
Old 14th October 2020, 07:28 PM

Hi buddy I was gonna suggest Marcin’s thread myself.

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 24th March 2022, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-M3 View Post
Some pics. Sorry not on FB so if you can send link or something that will be great.
Hi All

Just clearing my garage and realised I still have all this stuff. Before it goes on fleabay wanted to see if anyone is interested in these??

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub