A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 15th March 2015, 03:34 PM

Default D3 4.2 QS with LPG

With a sad heart I am going to let the car go

Some text taken from Ian's original advert when I bought it a few years back as he put it so well:

The important stuff:

* 1st Reg 15/12/2003
* Thus Band K for Tax Disc
* 4 Former keepers, 3 of which are/were forum members
* Discrete Prins LPG conversion. Certificated & registered online
* Miles @ 119678
* MOT to October 23rd 2015
* Cheaper to fuel than a 3.0 Tdi.
* New rubber on all 4 wheels fitted around 3 months ago so plenty of tread on them.

The service history is reasonable, with several wallets of information, including all previous MOT's and a cambelt change at 46K miles in 2009 at Heritage Audi, complete with original Audi receipt and the last cambelt change at 110K with my local garage (his mate is an Audi tech who pops round in the evenings, works at Audi Leeds).

It has a set of genuine 20" Audi S8 'RS4 style' wheels, powder coated black. I know these aren't to everyone's taste, but as black wheels seem to be 'in' it does give the car a more modern feel. Anyway, you could paint them back to silver.

It has also had a new suspension pump and control unit fitted which means the suspension does what it's supposed to do (dread to think how much money I have spent on the car over my time as the owner...)
Just had a replacement steering rack and pump fitted too.

Current issues with the car which have made me decide to sell the car are:

1. Dash warning light on for the parking brake
2. Dash warning light for the headlights (I have been told it should just need re-calibrating)
3. KESSY does not work - it does not recognise either of the keys (even with new batteries fitted), but the finger print does recognise the different fingers....
4. Blower does not work - been told it is the rheostat and this has been replaced once - it did work for a short time them gave up. I have another rheostat ready to go in.
5. Boot when auto closing, most of the time doesn't seem to work so keeps on popping open.
6. Drivers carpet is damp - had a quick look and the sunroof drain on the drivers side is block around half way down.

Key items :

* Crystal Blue
* 4.2 Petrol Quattro
* Sports suspension
* Sports Seats
* Sports steering wheel
* Enhanced leather pack
* Sat Nav (2015 disks)
* Adaptive Cruise Control
* Bose
* Bluetooth handsfree
* Auto Boot
* Auto lights
* Solar sunroof
* Auto dim mirrors all round
* Deluxe armrest
* Speech Dialogue system
* Heated windscreen with UV & Heat refective glass
* 20" Wheels
* Aluminium pack
* Advance key with fingerprint
* Interior and Exterior light pack
* Tyre pressure monitor
* Prins LPG Conversion
* DVB-T TV & AMI

Ian put these in the original advert which seemed to sell the car quite well when it was working properly

* Radar Cruise (ACC) - Perfectly working and much sought after
* Solar sunroof - Fantastic for summer, whether driving or parked up !
* Twin pane UV & Heat reflective glass - Stops heat build up
* Heated Windscreen - Clears an iced up screen in < 1 min
* Late revision Audi bluetooth phone module, supporting iphones etc
* DVB-T Digital TV tuner
* Audi AMI Music interface with Apple ipod/iphone connector (USB also possible)
* Sport spec - Suspension, steering wheel, seats
* Xenons, and adaptive cornering ones at that
* Advanced key - Keyless entry and start - A must in this class of car
* It also has an ipod/iphone connector under the armrest which goes into the A/V inputs of the tuner so you can play videos on the MMi screen if you wish.
* Nice clean interior, non smoker/pets as far as I can tell

The LPG System:

Spare wheel well tank, completely hidden leaving the normal size boot available. The filler is hidden in the regular filler flap, so no signs of a conversion from the outside. The tank does around 220 miles to a fill, with a fill costing < £35. Prins is considered one of the very best, and running on gas is seamless, with automatic switchover to petrol if gas runs out.

Points to note:

* Front Suspension arms are perfectly fine, but in cold weather they might make a few squeaks or groans until the heat of the engine warms them through a bit. This is again quite common of the D2 / D3. There is no play, and nothing recorded in the recent MOT

* There is a little bit of wear to the drivers seat, but its nothing obvious and is quite consistent with age and mileage

* The car has tyre pressure monitor, but I removed the valves when new tyres were fitted as it was never good - you could it put back I suppose.

* The rear end if completely debadged.

* Note the issues with it above

Given the condition, mileage and spec, looking for very close to £2800

A really nice D3 that might suit a D2'er looking to upgrade and someone with time to sort all the niggles out.

A few pictures of it now:

AMI and 6 CD Changer in the glove box:

A view of the LPG fuel gauge:

Cheers

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)

Last edited by gninnam; 15th March 2015 at 03:38 PM.
Old 15th March 2015, 03:49 PM

Forgot to add - if not sold on here within 1 week I will try the usual suspects for selling cars.

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 16th March 2015, 06:39 AM

Default pm sent

Pm sent
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 17th March 2015, 06:59 AM

Also. Had a full LPG service just before christmas and a replacement condensor that cost around £260.

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Old 20th March 2015, 03:17 PM

Now sold.
Thanks for looking.

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Old 1st July 2023, 02:49 PM

Raising the dead alert

Thought I'd check this one too and same as the D2 I had, Sorn and MOT expired this year (April)

Was a good car when it was working properly - miss this one also!

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten