A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 2nd January 2021, 07:01 PM

Default D2 S8 t-shirt

I came across this website that is selling D2 S8 t-shirts. Not sure if they do worldwide shipping.

My mods: Oxblood red interior, LED interior lights, D3 ignition coils, new window tint, tip steering wheel with new S8 emblem, mk1 TT steering wheel air bag, mk1 TT 6 speed shift knob, new shift boot.
Old 2nd January 2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audifan View Post
I came across this website that is selling D2 S8 t-shirts. Not sure if they do worldwide shipping.
Good spot - I'm sure at least one of the long-time forum members has this t-shirt, but I can't for the life of me remember if it's Jim, Brian, Neil - or possibly someone else. I'm sure one of them will be along shortly if it is one of them...

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 2nd January 2021, 10:30 PM

I thought it was kinda cool, so I figured I'd share my find.

My mods: Oxblood red interior, LED interior lights, D3 ignition coils, new window tint, tip steering wheel with new S8 emblem, mk1 TT steering wheel air bag, mk1 TT 6 speed shift knob, new shift boot.
Old 3rd January 2021, 06:36 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Good spot - I'm sure at least one of the long-time forum members has this t-shirt, but I can't for the life of me remember if it's Jim, Brian, Neil - or possibly someone else. I'm sure one of them will be along shortly if it is one of them...
I have a very similar one; it has more diagrams than this one.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 3rd January 2021, 11:53 AM

You should be able to find lots of sites offering bespoke t-shirt prints using your own images, so you can have whatever you want on them.

Not 100% sure, but I think Jim and/or Brian have something similar to this image. I've also attached a larger version as well.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Audi-A8 D2 FL.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	25006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Audi-A8 D2 FL (Small).jpg
Views:	409
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	25007  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 3rd January 2021, 12:01 PM

Does anyone have a copy of that drawing on the shirt, of an FL S8? Plenty of the PF about, but I've never seen the one in the link before.
Old 3rd January 2021, 12:21 PM

I think that I have it in one of my brochures. I’ll have a look today and let you know.

Update: yes, I do have it in an S8 brochure dated 2001. Do you want a copy? I can scan it or photocopy and post it - whichever you prefer. I also have a number of brochures on FL A8s that have similar diagrams. If you have something in mind that requires the original, I could loan it to you, but I only have one S8 brochure so I’d like it back at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Does anyone have a copy of that drawing on the shirt, of an FL S8? Plenty of the PF about, but I've never seen the one in the link before.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).

Last edited by The_Laird; 3rd January 2021 at 01:43 PM.
Old 3rd January 2021, 02:21 PM

Hi,
I would really appreciate a scanned copy of that 2001 S8 Brochure if it's available please.
Does anyone have any sales literature on a Final Edition S8, that they would be happy to sell, scan or photocopy ?
Many thanks
David
Sony rear entertainment package.
Bose sound system.
Audi Navigation Plus.
20 inch Final Edition alloys
Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble :
1997 A8 Quattro Sport - Now sold when S8 FE purchased
Old 3rd January 2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzya8 View Post
Hi,
I would really appreciate a scanned copy of that 2001 S8 Brochure if it's available please.
Does anyone have any sales literature on a Final Edition S8, that they would be happy to sell, scan or photocopy ?
Many thanks
David
I've got quite a few bits of FE S8 literature David (are you surprised? ), so will have a look for the sales brochure & would be happy to scan and send it on to you if I have that.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 3rd January 2021, 02:47 PM

I have quite a lot of literature, mailers, promo pieces, price lists and so on, but nothing specific on the FEs. I’ll scan the S8 brochure and post it on here. Might take a while as my scanner is steam powered!