A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 20th December 2012, 06:55 AM

Ian, in the top photo should the wire at bottom right labeled as +12v const. be labeled as a ground?
Old 27th April 2013, 02:31 PM

Default Help

I'm just checking my wiring and just getting my head around it. on the top picture bottom right it shows the brown/black wire as constant feed. And on pic 16 I think it shows the same wire onto the plug that goes to climate controller. And on pic 18 does it show the same wire onto the constant 12v feed. Am I right to presume these 85/86 just energise/switch the realy and it doesn't matter which way round they are? Or is it me being Fick! ;-)
Cheers Dave

2002 S8 silver with black half leather
2000 d2 S8 in Racing green pearl, RS4 manual gearbox,
2003 A4 avant TDi
1997 Volvo V40 2.0T
1992 Mazda eunos v spec
1976 Reliant Kitten
1965 Porsche 911
Old 29th April 2013, 11:04 PM

Ok don't panic! sorted! it's all done and working brilliantly
Cheers Dave

2003 A4 avant TDi
1997 Volvo V40 2.0T
1992 Mazda eunos v spec
1976 Reliant Kitten
1965 Porsche 911
Old 30th April 2013, 05:59 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Well done
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 30th April 2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awolfinsheepsclothes View Post
Cheers Dave
Great result

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 30th April 2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awolfinsheepsclothes View Post
Cheers Dave
Anything to add to the write up to make it easier to follow? Just wondering as I'll be doing mine at some point soon!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 30th April 2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Anything to add to the write up to make it easier to follow? Just wondering as I'll be doing mine at some point soon!
Hi cheers
Ian's write up is brilliant as usual and I wouldn't have been able to do it with out it! It's just getting your head around how it works. The biggest pain was getting the A panel trim off as mine snagged on the clip. I swapped the actual panel at A8 parts while Ian was regassing my aircon (thanks Ian& dave and all at A8 parts)
when I got home changed the tracks and contact threaded the wires through to the sunroof switch and put the connector back on.
The first picture could show the fuse holder removed( just the wire from the relay with the connector ready to push back into the fuse holder on the car)
And the yellow connector/ brown wire) in the bottom right of the first picture +12const just needs a ring terminal on it to connect to the + constant feed.
It may seem a bit daunting pulling your car apart at first but once you've done it you should fully understand it and think its not that bad.

Watch out for the hidden release cable for the A/B pillar trims when you remove the grab handles!!!
Dave

2003 A4 avant TDi
1997 Volvo V40 2.0T
1992 Mazda eunos v spec
1976 Reliant Kitten
1965 Porsche 911

Last edited by Architex_mA8tey; 1st May 2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 27th May 2013, 10:23 AM

Can anyone tell me what number should be on the yellow tag on the back of the relay socket? I've pulled the wiring loom I've got from a donor car out of its massive box and it's a jumble of partly disassembled bits so want to make sure I'm getting the right section without having to literally stretch the whole loom around the garden to figure it out!

Is there a particular number that should be written on the top of the relay, or does it not matter much? Once I've found the right bit of wiring it's obviously 50:50 whether I've got the matching relay to go with it

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 27th May 2013, 12:42 PM

Hi Adrian I'm not sure I'll be any help with this one, as bought just the sunroof loom from A8 parts. the relay is 203 and need to be that one or one the same spec!. I'm sure it looks a mission with a full loom in front of you.
Cheers Dave

2003 A4 avant TDi
1997 Volvo V40 2.0T
1992 Mazda eunos v spec
1976 Reliant Kitten
1965 Porsche 911
Old 27th May 2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluewhale View Post
Dave,

Well done mate glad it's working.
I've swapped the sunroof now and I'm about to attempt the wiring.

I have some questions: You said you've changed the tracks? Erm...are they the runners or something else?

A-pillar trim removal. How do you do it? Has it been documented on here yet?

The rest doesn't look too bad with Ian's guide.

Any help, as always, appreciated.
For some weird reason my last post has a posting date of 2002.

I wondered why I'd had no reply

THE WHALE IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER... errr but leaking again