A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Other marques

Other marques All non Audi other cars

Old 25th October 2014, 02:51 PM

Default Servicing

As some of you know my wifes A8 got to the point that getting it back on the round was to expensive so I had to let her go (the Audi engineer who bought it off me has almost completed the work so will be back on the road soon.....)

Any who. Got a cheap BMW 325Ci Coupe and gave it a full service today. What a joy compared to the A8's.
Oil, oil filter, sparkplugs, air filter and fuel filter. Took me no more than 3 hours (inluded some engine detailing too)

Everything was so accessible

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 25th October 2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
As some of you know my wifes A8 got to the point that getting it back on the round was to expensive so I had to let her go (the Audi engineer who bought it off me has almost completed the work so will be back on the road soon.....)

Any who. Got a cheap BMW 325Ci Coupe and gave it a full service today. What a joy compared to the A8's.
Oil, oil filter, sparkplugs, air filter and fuel filter. Took me no more than 3 hours (inluded some engine detailing too)

Everything was so accessible
You had to let the wife go in order to afford to mend the '8?
Old 26th October 2014, 07:06 PM

If only it was that simple.....

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 27th October 2014, 07:32 PM

How do you find the 325Ci to drive?
A friend let me drive a 330ci recently and I really like it. No wonder people love the 3 series.
Old 27th October 2014, 08:15 PM

Fun but noisey. The gearing is really short.
Handles nicely too.
Think it needs new shoxs and also shows a dodgey post cat oxygen sensor so need to replace that soon.
I am hoping due to the sensor that the mpg will get better as its no better than the wife's old D2

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Old 27th October 2014, 11:12 PM

I serviced my BMW (Z4) for the first time a couple of weekends ago and was shocked at how easy it was too.

Drove the front up onto a few paving slabs to get to the oil sump underneath, spark plugs only involved removing the plastic engine cover and all the filters are a doddle too. The A8 was the most claustrophobic car to work on. But Audi do like to cram everything right into the front of the engine bay whereas BMW generally allow lots of room.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8