A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 25th January 2018, 12:56 PM

Default Wanted - D2 passenger side quarter panel

Or to be more specific, a part of a quarter panel to make up a repair patch. Does anyone have a shell, or know of anyone with a shell and an angle grinder!?
Old 25th January 2018, 12:59 PM

Do you mean the rear, if so that is a huge panel?

My original S8 had to have the drivers side rear quarter panel replaced and it was a massive and very expensive job!
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 25th January 2018, 01:11 PM

Yea, it's the rear. My good lady decided to scrape along a fence and it's become a bit deformed around the door and wheel arch.

The bodyshop reckon they can pull and straighten the dent, but they want a repair panel ready "just in case".

Luckily the damage is all superficial.

In other news my anger has subsided and now the jokes about her driving have begun.
Old 25th January 2018, 01:32 PM

Have you tried our sponsors? I'm sure they'll be amenable to cutting the chunk you need out of the next one they break

I've got a parts car which I will be breaking, but not immediately unfortunately.
Old 25th January 2018, 01:36 PM

Yea, dropped an email with the details of what I needed, they don't have it. Not sure if someone there is just checking up a computer database though rather than looking in a yard for a shell?

Anyone on here we can poke to see if there is a shell and an angle grinder handy!?
Old 25th January 2018, 02:26 PM

The shells don't stay for long - if there isn't one in the workshop being dismantled at the moment then there isn't one at all. A8Parts is not like your run of the mill boneyard with a yard full of scrap - everything is carefully disassembled, the parts catalogued, and put on a shelf

Have you tried ebay? Someone here breaking two: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A8-D...YAAOSw5VtaBsVR
Old 25th January 2018, 02:28 PM

Are the shells identical across the D2's?
Old 25th January 2018, 02:35 PM

Looked at that guy's fleabay, looks the same colour so might get a few other bits, just worried because the side I need bits from is against the fence in those photos so he might be a bit awkward about getting to it.
Old 25th January 2018, 02:36 PM

There are minor variations in studs and holes etc depending on equipment levels, and obviously in the bolt-on panels between pre and post facelift, but the exterior sheet metal is all the same afaik.
Old 25th January 2018, 03:06 PM

Mr Blobby is not yet crushed (D2, 2.8 see picture) but is about to go into the crusher in the next few days. Its in Dunbartonshire - where are you? I have an angle grinder and an assistant (BrianG) so we could remove a panel if you wanted. I would need to check the state of the quarter panel as the car has been lifted onto a pile of others
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0762.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	17803