A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Driving bliss

Driving bliss Best roads? Best music? Whatever makes your 8 the best place to be, share it with us

Old 4th February 2015, 07:14 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle
Default Yesterday's journey home

Well, my job has lost its sparkle, the commute is over 30 miles and at least 50 minutes each way and I'm counting down to retirement.....

.... but at the end of the day, I climb back into my much-loved S8 and, towards the end of my trip home, and now the days are getting longer again, gaze upon sights like these (see attached photos).

Life is good!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0741[1].jpg
Views:	388
Size:	513.0 KB
ID:	10088   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0742[1].jpg
Views:	418
Size:	486.4 KB
ID:	10089   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0743[1].jpg
Views:	398
Size:	504.5 KB
ID:	10090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0747[1].jpg
Views:	408
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	10091  
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 4th February 2015, 06:10 PM

Nice pics (hope you weren't driving while taking the pics )

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 4th February 2015, 06:41 PM

I almost thought you were warming towards the area after all these years despite all you have said in the past!
Old 5th February 2015, 07:25 AM

Views like that can make commuting bearable.

Best views I get are of the Tamar ferry.

When I was field engineer around Wales and the south, some of the best days was spend during the summer driving through the country.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 5th February 2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
I almost thought you were warming towards the area after all these years despite all you have said in the past!
Yes, the place can con you when we get a few consecutive nice days. Ask me again after the next spell of three weeks of non-stop grey and wet!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 21st February 2015, 03:53 PM

Stunning, where is that exactly ? I used to drive to Oban in my S8 during the summer passing Loch Lommond..
Old 21st February 2015, 06:56 PM

It's just off the A82 at the Arden roundabout. This is a mile or two north of the Stoneymolan roundabout - the Balloch turn-off. Just up from Duck Bay and the Cameron House hotel.
Old 21st February 2015, 07:44 PM

Wild and beautiful part of the country.