A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 24th April 2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Re: the seats, I'll have a word with 'man with van' and see if he's prepared to take a trip to Northants.
It's a long run so I guess will not be cheap It's not looking good for A6 either with the rain and back pain. I have the high pressure injection pump off but still need to change timing piston on it and put back in the car.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 1st May 2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
It's a long run so I guess will not be cheap It's not looking good for A6 either with the rain and back pain. I have the high pressure injection pump off but still need to change timing piston on it and put back in the car.
ainarssems - Well, I've had a word with 'man with van' and he's prepared to take a trip to Northants. So it looks like I'm going on a roadtrip sometime soon. Let me know when's convenient for you and we can arrange something.

Cheers
Old 1st May 2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_quattro View Post
ainarssems - Well, I've had a word with 'man with van' and he's prepared to take a trip to Northants. So it looks like I'm going on a roadtrip sometime soon. Let me know when's convenient for you and we can arrange something.

Cheers
I am working nigh shifts and sitting at home with kids most time on days while wife is at work so pretty much anytime is OK as long as I know in advance.

The big question is how much it will cost me for delivery as they are not something that I need, just shame for them to go to skip so I could potentially turn them into seats for the house.

8 history:
Old 5th May 2018, 10:29 AM

I'm feeling particularly benevolent at the moment, so I'm going to be covering my mate's fuel costs. It gets him out for the day lol. There's also the added benefit of seeing some perfectly good seats go to a new home and caring owner. I'll send you my number via PM to arrange?
Old 6th May 2018, 12:14 PM

That's very kind of you to offer covering fuel cost but I could not possibly accept it. I am more than happy to cover fuel, I was just thinking that once you add up fuel, van usage and time spent it could get a bit expensive.

I am not so sure about caring owner though, I have not had much time to do any care for my cars for a last couple of years, just to keep them going.

I don't think i will use them in car but make some seating for the house with power connected for adjustments/heating. With 2 little kids, 2 cats and 2 dogs it will be hard life for them for sure.

8 history: