A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 23rd August 2010, 05:57 PM

Default Cheer up and give us a wave

What is wrong with 8 drivers? The dumbfounded look on a lot of 8 drivers as i wave to them has to be seen to be believed to the point that it actually brought a smile to my face (I know a real smile) total bewilderment and maybe even a bit snobby “Look at that grubby little man who on earth is he waving at”

I’m waving at YOU because look at what I’m driving, no way they look the same, albeit mine is in a better colour but that’s only because you didn’t wave.

Come on your not that much better than me.
Old 23rd August 2010, 08:39 PM

You must have found one of those original owners that paid in excess of £60k for the car

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels
Old 25th August 2010, 04:31 PM

i do beleive i also posted something similar some time back.......there really are some miserable '8 drivers about, i always wave to other 8's, but as you've found lots of them look at you like you've got 2 heads :/

The only one thats waved is one in bolton......... I'd settle to a mere flash of folks headlights.......cheer up and say "hi" there aren't many of us after all!
Old 25th August 2010, 05:09 PM

Not 2 heads but i do have 6 fingers.

My 8 is at home this week ad i'm in Portsmouth working needing to get form one end of the city to the other, a work mate offered me the use of his car as long as i took him home first. It's an Alfa 156 derv. So dropped him off and away i went within 10 mins another Alfa coming the other way and guess what, he only bloody waved.
Old 25th August 2010, 07:50 PM

I was parked up at one of them traffic light roundabouts when a pre facelift black A8 sport 4.2 pulled up next to me, I pulled down the window and said to the lady driving 'nice car' she was a little taken a back.

'Uhh, what this? Ermm thanks'
'I have the same, nice aren't they'
Yes, its brillant thank you, yours is nice to, I just can't get my phone to work. Is yours working?'
I didn't have a phone

Then the lights went green and off we went. But she did say she had owned it since new. I have a silver PF S8 flash me to, spoke to him and found out he has a owns a huge Audi breaking business with 4 D2s in, this silver was was meant to be a breaker but it was to good to break. Has 70k miles on it so he replaced two doors and its a beauty.

Best one was the guy with the dolphin grey one at the petrol station that took me for a spin as it was remapped and then we raced, the thread is on here somewhere 'Spotted S8 with pics and race' I think its called.

But yeah, most of the time they look at you like
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 25th August 2010, 08:42 PM

used to own a 156, we always wave (and NO, not to signal for help when it goes PING they are suprisingly reliable)
Old 29th August 2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B@fink View Post
used to own a 156, we always wave (and NO, not to signal for help when it goes PING they are suprisingly reliable)
PMSL

I normally go for a nod and a smile in the 8, But when out in the Mini I wave at other mini drivers like a baffon on heat!
'72 Mini Pick up Supercharged 1380
'03 S4 Avant