A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > IT, AV and other Tech

IT, AV and other Tech All computing, home cinema and technology that isnt car related

Old 21st December 2017, 11:12 AM

I'd noticed ETN difficulty going up too - my rig is doing about 230-240 a day now instead of >250 a week ago. At the moment its level with Monero for return (£13 a day) so I've stuck with ETN for now to build up a decent stash Looks like Sumo would be £16 a day so I'll keep an eye on that - might be worth doing ETN on one card and Sumo on the other.

Good find on those boards. I don't think my i3 CPU is ever going to pay for itself doing 62H/s! Given my experience with the Vegas disliking being the primary GPU, its a shame it doesn't have an on-board GPU. It'd probably be good with Nvidias though - maybe fill one up with some 1070s.

The S9s were indeed BCH only with a massive spike in price at the same time. I've been reluctant to buy any beforehand since BTC is going up faster, but if BCH drops again it might be entirely prudent to buy some while its cheap. I'll keep an eye on that

On current prices though, 4x Vegas would cost the same as an S9 and return the same with the advantage of not having to deal with Bitmain or pay import duty...
Old 21st December 2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I'd noticed ETN difficulty going up too - my rig is doing about 230-240 a day now instead of >250 a week ago.
It's hard to say for me as I am not mining ETN all the time and it's PPLNS but I think if I were running 24hrs/ day it's gone from 750+ ETN per day to less than 400 now with ~9kH/s

Quote:
Given my experience with the Vegas disliking being the primary GPU, its a shame it doesn't have an on-board GPU. It'd probably be good with Nvidias though - maybe fill one up with some 1070s.
You could use 4-5 Vegas and 1x RX 470/480/570/580 or even low end GPU just for display.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 21st December 2017, 12:45 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Good news I suppose but I am waiting to be actually paid before celebrating and like you said we are earning more elsewhere now so no reason to go back. I already had ASICS on MRR before the hack and only mining on NiceHash when not rented out and was looking to move GPU rigs as well, hack just sped up things.

Mined a bit of Digibyte (750 worth about £20-30 depending where you check) https://www.digibyte.co/ yesterday while L3+s were not rented out. I think I will set it up to mine a bit of Vertcoin https://vertcoin.org/ next time it's not rented out. Not cashing in any of these as it's not economical to exchange small amounts just expanding portfolio, who knows might be worthless or worth a small fortune one day
ETN difficulty have gone up a lot so I think I need to look at mining something else on CryptoNight as well, Sumo seems to be most profitable at the moment https://www.sumokoin.org/

Came accross soem interesting motherboards where you can plug many GPUs on the motherboard without risers

6 GPU version with onboard CPU https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-...StoreLevelAB=5 I think I might give this one a try, seems very cost effective considering that you don't even need to buy CPU.

8 GPU version https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-...StoreLevelAB=5

Rumour has it there are 9 and 12 GPU versions coming out as well.

I assume the latest S9 batch was BCH payment only? Last couple of times when Bitmain releases new batch of miners with BCH payment only BCH prices goes up a lot due to increased demand, then slowly falls back. Next time could be opportunity to buy some BCH before price goes up if you can do it in time and then sell before it starts dropping. If you hold some at the moment it could be time to sell while the price is still high. This is just a speculation and I could be wrong or they might release another batch tomorrow and push the prices even higher but at least something to think about.
Those motherboard DO look interesting. And not a bad price too, especially the 6-card board, considering the savings of not having to buy a CPU or risers.

I need to find time to play around with direct pool mining more. Might have to take a look at Digibyte and ETN. Which pool are you using for those?

And what are you doing for your altcoin wallets? Are you using individual wallets or multi-coin wallets? I need to get my altcoin wallets better organised. I have a Trezor on order, which should help a little, but with 30+ alts now, it's becoming a bit cumbersome keeping track of them all.
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 21st December 2017, 01:06 PM

I use Coinomi for Bitcoin Gold and Digibyte, official offline wallet for ETN and tried this one to see how transfer to exchange works https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/releases

Exodus only for LTC at the moment, Electrum and Armory for BTC, Electron Cash for BCH. I think I need to get hardware wallet that supports lot of currencies as well.

I used https://electromine.fr/#!/app/home and http://www.electroneum.space/ for ETN, https://dgb-scrypt.theblocksfactory.com/index for DigiByte

8 history:
Old 21st December 2017, 01:30 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Thanks Ainars

I think I must have 20+ different wallets now (inc Exodus, Electrum, Mist, Armory and numerous coin-specific Qt-base wallets). Heard of Coinomi but never tried it. Jaxx is another good multi-coin wallet, especially in the mobile app format, though I don't think it supports as many coins as Coinomi.

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 21st December 2017, 01:58 PM

Hi There,

Using Coinomi too. It's a nice and handy thing, though worth making a backup as phones break, get lost, stolen etc!

I've used a couple of the trade functions to get a few other coins using a bit of BTC which has worked nicely. I'd like ~£50 in most the low value (less than a tenner) altcoins in the top 50/100 on coincap as they have the greatest potential to rocket and due to the market are least likely to vanish. If they don't then it's no great loss, if they do anything is possible.

Aiming to sell 10% when they hit £1, £5, £10, £50, £100 etc which should give nice returns paying themselves back and leaving potential for big money!

I've also got the Ledger as a hardware wallet which has reasonable coverage. Also looking at Jaxx but i've yet to need to use it.

I've signed up to ETN and the wallet is on my phone and PC now. I've about 1300....I'm tempted to change coin again as WhatToMIne is showing better rates on a lot of things....

Also having a little play with Cryptopia and Binance as they've got a few coins I couldn't get anywhere else (EMC2 and IOTA) and have yet to take a few coins off the exchange, though we're talking beer money atm as I know that has risk.

I had a play with WhatToMine on Asics and my S7 is showing better on Digibyte so i grabbed a few hundred the other day, though checking on returns, it seems WTM seems to estimate my return on BTC via slushpool as a lot lower than i get....Same when having a play with BCH on Viabtc pool.
The rates of coins seem fair but Slushpool seems to regularly out do what they say

Must admit i'd like to set up a proxy for my two S7's and the S9 when it gets here, so I could move my 21Th/s without multi configs and reboots....

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)
Old 22nd December 2017, 03:14 PM

Decided to give this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-...StoreLevelAB=5 a go , ordered 2 of them, after discount coupon and adding fast shipping it was $250 for pair and I am getting 7.35% cashback from topcashback. If I don't end up using them I guess I should be still able to sell them on ebay for a little profit, in worst case scenario I might loose a little reselling them.

Have been looking for decently priced Vegas that are available, preferably with upgraded cooling. This one looks like the cheapest available at the moment in UK https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapph...gx-38c-sp.html

But I have placed pre order on French Amazon for 5 of these https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 at about £2.5k, I chose Amazon because it was cheapest i could find, they only charge when ship and you can easily cancel before shipped and there is no fuss returns even after delivery if I change my mind and they even pay return postage. They also offer price guarantee if at the time of shipping they are available cheaper elsewhere they will price match. When they will ship or if they will ship is another question as from 6 RX 580 cards I pre ordered in July I have only received 2 and cancelled the other 4 now.

8 history:
Old 22nd December 2017, 05:01 PM

That's not a bad price on those French ones. Can you access those from Amazon UK (I can't see how) or do you have to order from the French site?

I have a question about Mining Rig Rentals...

I can mine 250 ETN a day with my 3.7KH/s, which is worth about £17 at today's price. Why would anyone pay more than £17 for that hashing power when they could just buy the currency instead?
Old 22nd December 2017, 06:12 PM

You have to order from french site but it's the same login and they have all your details like address, card etc, delivery is still free and it did offer me at check out if I want to charge my card in EUR or GBP.

Quote:
I can mine 250 ETN a day with my 3.7KH/s, which is worth about £17 at today's price. Why would anyone pay more than £17 for that hashing power when they could just buy the currency instead?
They could be mining something else that is so new or little that it's not available on exchanges or does not show up on profit calculators. Or it could be developers testing new coins before release to public. Another reason could be laundering dirty BTC, they pay in dirty BTC and get freshly minted coins instead without any link between 2.

8 history:
Old 22nd December 2017, 06:28 PM

Hmm I think I'll stick with mining ETN direct for now then.

By the way, pool.electroneum.space has very messily and for no apparent reason moved to etn.pool.spacepools.org today. Its been up and down at random all day but seems to have stabilised now.

ETN has gone up such that the GTX960 can only make 3 a day now (21p) from >10 when I started so I've put it back on Nicehash for simplicity where its doing £1 a day doing Blake2 and Equihash. Interestingly it's only slowed the Vegas down about 10% - they're doing about 220 a day now so about £15.

Last edited by MikkiJayne; 22nd December 2017 at 07:40 PM.