A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 12th March 2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Oh and if Mr Plod had seen those you could hae been in for 3 points and a fine regardless of who long you been driving
That's 3 points per tyre iirc.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 12th March 2012, 05:48 PM

That's right, 3 points + fine PER defective tyre....

Weren't doing a 'Clarkson' were you Amar?

He seems to have an uncanny ability to kill a set in about 5 mins, but I guess that's easy if they're freebies

Other vehicles
1968 Rover P5B Coupe (Modified & V-Quick, but I have to sell this now ... Boo Hoo!)
'92 Mitsubishi Pajero V6 (Petrol) Super Exceed (Gone now)
'06 Harley Davidson Night Train
Oh Yes....... The '98 PF S8!
Old 12th March 2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
You mean inside shoulder?
Mine wears the inside on the rear and the outside on the front, so having rotated them front to back I've got rear tyres with worn inner and outer shoulders and fronts that already have inner wear that are now wearing on the outside lol

I checked them this evening and they're nowhere near being through the carcase of the tyre

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 12th March 2012, 06:09 PM

Nope, the plus has a fairly easy life with me. The handling isn't great on it to be honest (one of the reasons the Beemer had to go, it was making the plus feel twice as bad then it actually is) so I try not to take it around corners quickly as it would just depress me. I am getting some anti roll bars from the US that are going to make it 65 % stiffer though, I am hoping they transform the handling, I've read great things so have very high hopes for them. Will get another check done on the alignment anyway.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 13th March 2012, 01:34 PM

The alignment might be within tolerance mate, as was my 8. But i had it set to tow in more to counter the tyre wear i was getting. So effectively the alignment is out on mine but i get even tyre wear.

Also without wanting to offend, could it be your driving style that makes such a huge difference between the Beemer and the RS? What i mean is could your driving style suit a RWD car. Maybe try a bit of pendulum into the bend or lifting or maybe a dab of brakes to get the arse end out.

I can't get it into my head that a 330 derv and a 318 petrol can have the same weight dist front and rear. Or how it adjusts ballest to suit a 8 stone whippet of a man to a 25 stone big fella or the fuel it has on board.

Bright yellow bus o love.

Last edited by Dezzy; 13th March 2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: rewording as i'm scared of offending
Old 13th March 2012, 09:44 PM

Had mine MOT'd at Stafford Audi last week

They were great and told me about the free MOT thing which has now been stopped in favour of offering the free insurance on parts needed at the next MOT.

They didn't try to stitch me up in any way. Quite the reverse, showed me around the underneath of my car. Explained why a roll bar link is on advisory and replaced a blown number plate bulb for nuppence.

All in all I enjoyed a bit of time to catch up on emails, in comfort, while downing loads of free, excellent coffee and eyeballingall those lovely R8's, A1's, A3's etc (and the fit girl with leather trews collecting her spanking new drophead TT)

You'd be mad not to take advantage of this Audi insurance. It's their way of saying they have confidence in the quality of their product.
I'm for giving Audi credit for making an effort
Old 17th March 2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
so now have Goodyear Eagle F1s, which I will now keep an eye on.
If the Goodyear F1's are the Asymmetric V1 then I would strongly recommend keeping an eye on them. I used to use GDS3s and they were brilliant, when Goodyear changed them to the Asymmetric I put some on the rear of my Soarer and went from getting 12,000 miles from the rears to 4,500 miles. They may be a little grippier, but they died a misserable death on my car. I am told the V2 that has just come out improves this, but I haven't tried them. I sold the car just before they needed replacing. The GDS3's on the front were still going strong.
Green Alcantara Headlining, Pillars, Rear Shelf, Door Inserts
Green Trimmed Mats, Seatbelts, Steering Wheel, Centre Armrests
DAB, Freeview, ACC, 4-Zone Climate, Soft Close, Electric Blinds