A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 18th December 2011, 04:51 PM
Banned

yes that is true but they do map the TCU also so that the Torque dose not kill the box, 40valve only,

whats included is
before anything starts they do a full health check to see if everything is A ok

then its stripped down compression is lowered
full Pes supercharger kit intercooled
with charge cooler and extra rad at the front of the car with a second pump for cooling the charged air,
i should point out that the 520bhp is if the car has a de-cat and free flow exhaust and ample breathing up front, pannel filter maybe,
fully remapped ECU and TCU

as for needing a 6th gear not really as i have an A8 gearbox would make for a better final drive as the A8 sits at 1000rpm lower at 70mph than the S8 anyway so a happy medium can be found,

there is a 600bhp D2 in brazil with a TT convertion running a standard Box, they are family to the RS6 gear box and there are plenty of them running Large amounts of power, i peorsonally belive its all down to a good TCU remap and no led foot all the time in 1st gear

http://www.millteksport.com/media/im...t-complete.jpg

http://www.amdessex.com/product.deta...renceID=106741
Old 18th December 2011, 08:40 PM

B&O isn't that much better than Bose, but the quality is there. I would prefer more Bass but it looks lsuperb.

S8 V10 is a lovely machine. Very quick.

For me an R8 V10 or RS6 Saloon.

Though next year I might if I can source one drop the V10 Twin Turbo into the S8. Just unsure if it will fit.

Avoid a 996 Twin Turbo. Lovely car, but issues (Majorly) with engines. Looking dated now.
Old 18th December 2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8 Doc View Post
B&O isn't that much better than Bose, but the quality is there. I would prefer more Bass but it looks lsuperb.

S8 V10 is a lovely machine. Very quick.

For me an R8 V10 or RS6 Saloon.

Though next year I might if I can source one drop the V10 Twin Turbo into the S8. Just unsure if it will fit.

Avoid a 996 Twin Turbo. Lovely car, but issues (Majorly) with engines. Looking dated now.
Thanks for the responses guys, Doc, I still think it looks fantastic. I've read a few reviews of owners running them for years and have only serviced and added fuel! Might just 'try one' for a few months, if I fall in love with it, I'll just get a warranty and be worry free.

Sarg, it wasn't very bassy, I like a bit of bass. But I was only listening to the radio so probably not a fair test.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 19th December 2011, 01:12 AM

me too, it needs to have a depth to the bass, loved my Bose set up in my D2, easily the best music I've ever had in a car.

If that's the case I don't need to worry about limiting my search to cars with B&O, or do I??? Confused
Old 19th December 2011, 06:45 AM

Radio isn't a fair test really - far too compressed to tell you what it'll be like with a decent source. Plus it could have really odd setup on bass/treble/balance that makes it weirder
Old 19th December 2011, 11:52 AM

Need to hear the B&O to decide myself, but my worry is that the motorised tweters will go. The Bose is good and is usually limited by the MP3s I'm feeding it rather than any limit of the system.

I know.. I know..

Old 19th December 2011, 03:47 PM

I have a CD that was produced by Naim, it's Thea Gilmore and it's the most clear and best recorded CD i've listened too. It would be a fantastic disk to use to compare
Old 20th December 2011, 03:57 PM

The B&O is better than the Bose. But £4k option? Er.... I wouldn't tick it.

But as with all B&O it just looks so slick. Everyone notices it and the speaker covers are works of art.

My view, if you can have it. Have it!
Old 20th December 2011, 10:41 PM

I've not heard a D3 Bose, but the B&O has enough bass to make my contacts wibble like a puddle on a windy day.

There's 2 subs, one front and one back.

Anyone testing the sound. Why not take a recording you know well so you can make a comparison.
Old 20th December 2011, 10:47 PM

The Bose in my ancient PF D2 is pretty awesome; I'm really interested to see what the newer ones and B&O's are like at the meet next week.

I "test" it with Queen CD's.....