A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > A4/S4 B6

A4/S4 B6 2001-2005

Old 2nd January 2013, 01:01 PM

Default S4 Avant B6 Just bought!

Finally got around to replacing my stolen A8 D2 4.2 Sport.

I am now the owner of a 2003 Audi S4 Avant with a manual box! (im really looking forward to enjoying the manual box of the S4 over the A8's Auto)

I really wanted it in Dolphin grey as well!

I have my list of things to do to it. Its already having the wheels refurbed (which will be going up for sale) and its also have any and all scratches removed as we speak.

Other upgrades planned:
1) Miltek
2) LPG
3) Remap
4) 19" RS4 or RS6 alloys, still trying to decide which I prefer so any comments welcome!
5) RNS-E
6) MFSW

Ideally I would like to get the Miltek, LPG and Remap all done at the same time (recommendations please?)

Thanks All!

Here's the picture
'72 Mini Pick up Supercharged 1380
'03 S4 Avant
Old 2nd January 2013, 01:04 PM

I just need help choosing the 19" wheels!
The options:

or

And do I get the wheel's in Gun Metal grey to complement the Dolphin grey, or go bright silver with the wheels?
'03 S4 Avant
Old 2nd January 2013, 01:12 PM

Looks great fella, I like the standard rims that's on it!
Old 2nd January 2013, 01:19 PM

Thanks Rich, It feels good to be back as an Audi owner!

I have a healthier bank balance than I did when I had the 8, due to better income and no ball and chain anymore so I am free to "play" with the S4!

I really dont like the standard wheels.. they have to go!!! Are they Avus?
So, thoughts on the options?
Any recomendations for places to go to get the Miltek, LPG and Remap?
'03 S4 Avant
Old 2nd January 2013, 02:14 PM

I think the C5 RS6 wheels look a little 'heavy' on the S4 - too much metal going on, if you know what I mean? I like the look of the B7 RS4 wheels but could be tempted by the C6 spoked wheels as well. Depends on what sizes are available and how silly it ends up looking if they over-wheel the arches without ridiculous profile tyres.

As for the rest, I doubt the LPG install can be done by anyone other than an approved installer, so they're unlikely to do a proper remap for engine management as well. Might be worth talking to Viper on SRS forum as he seems to have a good rep for oddball requests like this. Most places will flog you a Milltek at RRP but they do crop up used on ebay so worth keeping a look out as they're mental money new. Worth a browse of the catalogue on the Milltek site as they list all the part numbers and on the B6 you can generally find a system and maybe change one section for a new part. With yours being manual you could go non-resonated if you wanted to be more antisocial on the noise front

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 2nd January 2013, 03:17 PM

Agree with Richie .... The original " Avus " Rims are classics ....

C5 RS 6 are overpowering and the RS4's are so popular/common ....

But the C6 Spoke wheels could look damn fine

My 2c

" Love the Sound of a V8....... All Day " *still wish it was a V10*

2002 S8 D2 F/L
H & R Springs, Koni Coil Overs, Dastek Chip, Sport Exhaust, 19" S5 Rims, Solar Sun Roof (Cause we have Sun) and most of the Bells & Whistles.
Old 2nd January 2013, 05:26 PM

What can I say Adrian, I am an odd ball!

It doesnt have to be all done at the same time, it would have just been ideal.

Does anyone have a ballpark figure on a purchase and install of a Milltek?
Am I right in assuming it's well worth it?

I really dont like the Avus wheels.... personal preference is they have to go!
Which are the C6 Spoke wheels?
'03 S4 Avant
Old 2nd January 2013, 05:59 PM

Here we go .... as far as I am aware these were the std rims on the C6 ....

" Love the Sound of a V8....... All Day " *still wish it was a V10*

2002 S8 D2 F/L
H & R Springs, Koni Coil Overs, Dastek Chip, Sport Exhaust, 19" S5 Rims, Solar Sun Roof (Cause we have Sun) and most of the Bells & Whistles.
Old 2nd January 2013, 06:09 PM

That's the babies I think standard silver finish will look best against dolphin grey with the chrome mirrors. A darker finish will hide the wheels against the paintwork I think

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 3rd January 2013, 08:37 AM

Default B6 mods

I had c5 rs6 replicas on the b6 and they looked awesome...only reason I took them off was cos they were replicas....and were awful to drive on....the avus wheels you have are very sought after and I would be tempted to just store them for now....I had 19" y spoke ones for a little while....the ones you get on the a5 s lines and they looked pretty good....but to be honest in my opinion the b6 shape is awesome and anything stock will look good....

At one point I had the 18inch b5 rs4 alloys which looked quite nice and often toyed with trying the 20 inch final editions...just food for for thought

Miltek is a must on these cars....I would go with resonated...I had both and to be honest at full throttle I didn't notice the difference...but a part throttle or low speeds in the high gear you get a nasty din type noise with the non-resonated setup.....but the miltek is worth every penny!!!!!!

Notice the car you have is an 03 plate so watch out for oil consumption and if it happens switch to a thicker oil and you will be fine....
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012