A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 14th October 2013, 04:11 PM

The 'wood' bit is still available and I will order one very soon. It's just the lower shell section you cannot buy at all from them. Are other trim colours a close colour match for swing? Just wondering if I should be able to get a PF one that will be better than refitting the purple I have as a stop gap till I get lucky :/

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th October 2013, 01:00 PM

Have finally bitten the bullet and ordered the brand new wood trim for the driver's door - worked out about £6 more expensive to order through the Audi Tradition shop than it would've been to get it from TPS, but given delivery is 25 Euros the part itself is actually cheaper.

Hopefully have it by the weekend (I expect it to be delivered by Certified virginal maiden given the wretched cost!) and can get it fitted

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th October 2013, 01:12 PM

Interesting. Let us know experience with audi tradition shop when the item arrives.
Old 21st October 2013, 10:44 PM

Well the new trim finally arrived today

If you order anything from Audi Tradition assume the status of your order won't change before it arrives on your doorstep!

Looks spot on and very happy with it - just need the lower trim to match but will fit this next weekend and put the purple one back for now.

On the subject of trim removal I bought some of these off ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1208908052...84.m1439.l2649

Should cover most bases for working on the '8 in future without risking doing damage to the trim with the wrong tools!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030019.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	6878   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030020.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	6879  

Old 21st October 2013, 10:50 PM

I have the same trim removal kit I think
Old 22nd October 2013, 06:48 AM

Nice shiny trim, have you ordered driving cloves yet to prevent fingernail scratches.

Old 22nd October 2013, 07:56 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Oh, I'm so tempted! Remind me of the cost again - I can't find that post. And a link for ordering please.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 22nd October 2013, 08:18 AM

You can get most of them from TPS still - about £80+vat from them

The drivers one came from http://trshop.audi.de

And was about £96 if I calculated my exchange rate correctly

Basically if the ones you want are available through TPS order them before they're NLA but be prepared that 1 or more might become NLA after you've ordered

This thread has the etka printouts to work out what you might want

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5807&page=5

Ask if not sure

Old 26th October 2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Nice shiny trim, have you ordered driving cloves yet to prevent fingernail scratches.
If I could get the Mrs to wear them in the passenger seat I would lol - the door lock button on her A6 looks like somebody's taken a shotgun to it with all the nail marks!

Finally changed the driver's door trim today, dodging heavy showers while I did it....

Glad I left it till last as you've obviously got 6 different connections to remove and a lot less wiggle room for getting all the electrics out of the aperture. Unplugging everything is easy enough once you've taken a pic of which window plug goes where. Did the rest on the bench as I knew there'd be some effort to get the switches out.

Worst one to remove is the rear window lock out - fiddly as it's got clips holding the loom to the switch when you remove it and also tricky to release the tabs holding the switch in place. Ended up needing screwdriver up the short edge of the switch and you can do one side at a time to release it.

Cleaned all the switches before putting them back. Getting the panel back in was tricky with the extended leather as it makes it a tighter fit. Finally managed it and got the lower shell (still purple for now) back in place easily now I know how to do it!

Pics below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	6902   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	6903   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	361.3 KB
ID:	6904   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	479.1 KB
ID:	6905   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	279.3 KB
ID:	6906  

Old 27th October 2013, 05:35 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Looking good!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).