A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Fuel and Exhausts

D3 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 13th November 2015, 08:43 PM

Default Injector Testing

Hi Guys

I have a 4.2 2006 A8 sport on an lpg convert.

It runs fine on gas but a bit lumpy in the mornings until it switches over,

I recently run out of gas on the motorway doing about 80mph and it was terrible. Missing all over the place. rather than drive home I did a 20 mile divert on the roads to get some gas.

As it is running great on lpg it eliminates pretty much everything apart from the petrol injectors.

Doing a google around I see that there are some output tests that can be run on vcds and as i am a proud owner of that I thought I may try and see if that could help. Has anyone done that to point me in the right direction.

I could try the old fashioned way of disconnecting an injector at a time I suppose as well.

I have suspected leaking injectors somewhere as my fuel usage is noticeable while using gas. It should be nothing while running on gas on a motorway journey but it does have slight usage.

last question. I am not a great believer in injector cleaner but has anyone ever seen good results from it. It used to be pretty cheap but now its not. Am i just wasting money.

I will also have a look on ebay for some injectors but not sure how easy they are to do ,. Does the full fuel rail have to come off to change one. Again if anyone has changed them then I would love to hear if it was a swine to do,.

Having just changed the wiper motor I can imagine the injectors being just as bad lol.

Thanks all