A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Fuel and Exhausts

D3 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 6th January 2015, 09:30 AM

Default Diesel Cooler

A warning on the last MOT said the diesel cooler is dented but not leaking.

Apart from its name I don't know much about it.
I assume its like a normal radiator design?

My mates skoda has diesel cooler under his drivers seat, would the A8s be in the same location?

Has anyone replaced theirs or know much about it?
Part of me wants to replace it cause it came up on the MOT but I'm not sure if it really needs doing it or a good thing to do?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 6th January 2015, 05:22 PM

Accordimg to ELSA the fuel cooler is under the undertray, so wouldnt expect it to be picked up in an MOT. Maybe they meant the intercooler?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	758.5 KB
ID:	9974  

2004 A8 3.0 TDI Sport Brilliant Black
Came with: Black Valcona/Alcantara Leather, KESSY, rear blind, flappy paddle gear change, Phone Prep, TV
Added:Bluetooth, AMI, Hybrid TV, Parking plus, Ski hatch, towbar, DAB, Umbrella Holder, Reversing camera, Auto lights, Wheel refurb
Things to fix: Turbo fault, power drain
Old 7th January 2015, 07:09 AM

I've seen that and I thought it was the cooler but was not 100% sure.
Thanks for confirming it.

It looked ok when I glanced at it. I'll take a better look when I got the car in the air.

I think its a metal cover, so that could have been bent/dented. Hopefully they are talking about the metal cover not the cooler it self.

I had a list of under tray advisories cause they can't remove them, that annoyed me.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.