A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 22nd June 2016, 08:03 PM

Default Rear caliper motor failure

Delayed post but just thought I'd share my experience...........

Weekend before last we had a 400 mile trip in the 8, visited friends in Monifieth for the weekend. Got back Sunday tea time and washed the car then parked up on the drive. I went out to use the car on Monday tea time and it threw up a parking brake error. A quick listen told me the offside brake wasn't operating. I called the guy that does my servicing and he dropped by within the hour and plugged in, reported an open circuit on the motor.

A few calls the next day and I was left with the options of a second hand motor for £130 or a refurbished exchange caliper and motor off eBay for £175, I chose the latter option. Free P&P meant I'd wait till the next week for it so I paid £15 to have it delivered within two days. Once I had it the lad called up and fitted it and did the re calibration and charged me £30. I had to pay an additional £75 to the supplier which I'll be reimbursed when he receives mine, but I couldn't fault the service. I'd have had to wait a few days for a black one (for his bloke to paint one) so I accepted a silver one and painted it myself.

I know what my options are if the other one packs up, though my near side caliper was new two years ago so maybe I'll look for a replacement motor with a guarantee.

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra