A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > Other Audis

Other Audis All other Audi related chat

Old 1st August 2014, 02:26 PM

Default Installing nav plus/tv in audi 100

Hi all,

I don't own an A8 but I do have a related question. I have a 1991 Audi 100 which I'm planning on doing some modifying on. I've recently bought a Nav Plus (RNS-D) unit from an A8 and I want to install it in my 100. Along with the nav I've bought the analog diversity tv unit (4D0 919 146) from an A8, plus the digital upgrade box (4F0 919 142 A) so I can make it work, nav aerial and a complete Bose wiring loom and speakers from an 8. I've seen pictures on the web of the nav plus installed in Audi V8's of this vinatge so I know it can be done.

I've already worked out how it will be connected to the 100's original wiring, and bearing in mind this car is non can-bus so there will be a bit of poking around to be done for the sat nav to operate correctly, my questions are;

What cable will I need to connect the head unit to the analogue tv unit?
What cable will I need to connect the analogue unit to the digital one?
What aerial will I need to get the tv to work correctly?
Is there any can bus related issues I can expect from a non can bus car?

I am also toying with the idea of installing the bluetooth car phone from the D3, and again if there is any advice or installation instructions available on the forum regarding installing this to the Nav Plus system I'd be grateful.

Any and all help would be brilliant guys, I'm starting this project soon so I'd like to know what I need to order to get it all working.