A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > A3/S3/RS3 8P

A3/S3/RS3 8P 2003-2012

Old 9th February 2009, 09:31 PM

Default A3 1.4 t

This being the A8 forum, I thought I would post my thoughts on a model from the other end of the Audi range.

Last time Audi were messing my '8 up they let me borrow one of there 1.6 A3 Sportbacks in white covered in stickers advertising the stealership. The advertising didn't go down to well at my local BMW dealer where I had to briefly visit that day. In general I didn't like the look of the five door, it looked like a mini estate and the horrible alloy wheels did it no justice.
I was really disappointed with the car and it put me off the A3 range.

This was until more recently, when they let me borrow one of there 1.4T's, (Supercharged and Turbocharged IIRC) it's pretty basic but has the black optics pack and sport spec. First things first, the car is a joy to drive, it pulls strong and never feels slow, its a relaxing comforting drive and the build is top notch. The ride is good and it hardly drinks any fuel it is so quiet on idle I sometimes don't realise the engines on! There swapping me into a B8 A4 on Wednesday, I think I'm going to miss the little A3. If anyone's in the market for a small car, try it!
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds