A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 4th March 2016, 11:17 AM

I haven't look into it properly yet, at the minute I'm just focused on sourcing other bits. I've got already RVC kit, Quad AC, DAB, DTV, new aerial amplifier, Auto Boot, lights of course, AMI and now I'm looking into RSE, soft close and i even looked into fridge which I'm not a fan of

So as soon I have all the kits I will look into each of them to see what else do I need and then pick a day or few to fit it all in one go.

The only different thing I have noticed quickly is that S8/W12 LED headlights are back to T10 (10pin) connector. My current cornering bi-xenon AFS lights use 14pin plug, I assume less pins is down to the fact that on new lights LED part does DRL and side lights functions so all needs doing is changing (rewiring) plugs and that it.
Note that you don't need to change J519 even if you go from halogen only lights to the one I have.
Also, my current headlights are already coded as LED ones and they function exactly the same as the one I'm going to fit, but with proper LED side.

So no, you don't need to do anything to the on board power supply, possibly remove a wire or two (sidelight) on the 23pin plug, but I don't see why if it's already all coded and working as the OEM LED DRL headlights with AFS and xenon cornering functions.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 4th March 2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
I haven't look into it properly yet, at the minute I'm just focused on sourcing other bits. I've got already RVC kit, Quad AC, DAB, DTV, new aerial amplifier, Auto Boot, lights of course, AMI and now I'm looking into RSE, soft close and i even looked into fridge which I'm not a fan of
I'm all unexpectedly feeling work shy...

That's a lot of retro fits!

I'd be interested in the quad AC as I've only the front dual zone.

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 4th March 2016, 06:04 PM

I will provide full wiring, locations and parts list for each retrofit which hasn't been covered here already so watch this space

So far apart from the obvious rear extra heaters in place of existing ducts, rear AC CU and different rear center duct at the end of the console all looks same. Extra wiring will be obviously needed, possibly additional temp sensors, but nothing impossible so I'll update in separate thread as soon I figure it all out.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten