A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 4th February 2019, 04:44 PM

Looks like i have a problem with the looking microswitch on the front right door. Went around the car after i got home from work today and tested every single one, bot proximity sensing and the locking switch all good except right front. Sooo yeah, more fun.

Anyways i strongly doubt that one microswitch can make enough problems to drain the car as fast at mine does.
BI-Xenon Headlights, Keyless, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI, 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Seat Memory on Both Sides, Heated / Cooled Sport Front Seats, Electrically Adjustable Rear & Heated Rear Seats Alacantra roofliner, Exterior LED Package, Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control & Heated Steeringwheel ++.
Old 5th February 2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exerqtor View Post
Looks like i have a problem with the looking microswitch on the front right door. Went around the car after i got home from work today and tested every single one, bot proximity sensing and the locking switch all good except right front. Sooo yeah, more fun.

Anyways i strongly doubt that one microswitch can make enough problems to drain the car as fast at mine does.
I hope you are proven otherwise as its nice to finally put a drain like this too bed

Old 7th February 2019, 06:59 AM

If i can't sort the drain out i more or less have to sett the car on fire to get some insurance money
BI-Xenon Headlights, Keyless, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI, 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Seat Memory on Both Sides, Heated / Cooled Sport Front Seats, Electrically Adjustable Rear & Heated Rear Seats Alacantra roofliner, Exterior LED Package, Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control & Heated Steeringwheel ++.
Old 7th February 2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exerqtor View Post
If i can't sort the drain out i more or less have to sett the car on fire to get some insurance money
A bit drastic but can understand your frustration.

As a baseline for how a well behaved car and good battery performs on a 8

We just came back from holidays, car was parked for 4 weeks, blinking alarm light was still operational, doors unlocked via comfort access and mmi showed 100%

It started like it was parked up few hours before.

Now that said I've been where you are so stick with it, you'll get there and then you can enjoy the car like you should.

Old 13th February 2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
A bit drastic but can understand your frustration.

As a baseline for how a well behaved car and good battery performs on a 8

We just came back from holidays, car was parked for 4 weeks, blinking alarm light was still operational, doors unlocked via comfort access and mmi showed 100%

It started like it was parked up few hours before.

Now that said I've been where you are so stick with it, you'll get there and then you can enjoy the car like you should.
Haha yeah it was more of a joke than anything else, although i must admit the thought have crossed me

I've had the car going on 5years now so i know how long they should last =(

Buuuut yeah, yesterday i swaped the alternator and i understood it wasn't the problem i reconnected the positive pole on the battery when i was done with the job and it struck an big arch(with ignition and all consumers SHOULD have been off). Anyways, drove home 17:30 ish and all working system wise and chariing 13.8V on over the terminals on the battery.

Today 6:45 ish on the morning it was drained again, to the point where the starter only clicks when i try to start. So something else is wrong, have to tear off the right front passenger door panel and have a look at the connectors for the door handle and if there OK i'll get hold of a new handle
Old 29th October 2019, 06:41 PM

Yeeeeah i'm on it again. Managed to tear off my left achilles tendon in march and just now getting back to work fully so i haven't had the time or means to look at this any more.

BUT enough about that, i have been looking for possible causes and googled one today regarding the console lights not turning off. And law an behold someone else hav had the same problem over at the AudiWorld forums. But he haven't posted a reply with the fix =/

Any of the guru's here that have a thought to share on this?

The AudiWorld thread for refferance:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...-help-2903001/
Old 29th October 2019, 07:18 PM

For referance here's a picture, the hazard light button is also allways on :/

Old 29th October 2019, 07:42 PM

Well it could be the handle, as my A8 turns these on the car is locked and the handle is lifted without the key in proximity (ie left in the house). They go off I guess 30-60 seconds. I can wedge something under the handle if you like to see if they will stay on permanently when in that state.
Old 29th October 2019, 07:50 PM

Yeah if you would try to test that i would be cool! Need to get this crap solved soon 🤮
Old 29th October 2019, 08:05 PM

Hello. test completed:
Lifting the handle momentarily, they come on and stay on for 1m30s.
Wedging it up with pencil rubber, the same 1m30s max.
Maybe yours is more glitchy and keeps getting retriggered?