A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 13th February 2015, 12:09 PM

Default S8 Pre facelift

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161598761048?cmd=VIDESC

Have a look at this advert....looks like the price of these cars is rising......surprised it isnt on s8 wheels those.
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 13th February 2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanjS8 View Post
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161598761048?cmd=VIDESC

Have a look at this advert....looks like the price of these cars is rising......surprised it isnt on s8 wheels those.
Good spot, very nice colour, and very well prepped for sale, almost 5*Classics in style - and priced the same! You're right about the wheels, surely the net cost of swapping these (nice) wheels to S8 wheels wouldn't be much, and would increase the authenticity of this car?
Old 13th February 2015, 12:51 PM

I must admit I saw the advert and thought the car was overpriced and scruffy.

All the effort on the photos but the car is missing the front grills, damaged rear bumper, wrong wheels, damp damaged front headlights and general not that great.
Old 13th February 2015, 01:41 PM

Default s8

Thats my point....an enthusiast would want original s8 wheels in the least. But still someone is expecting to get at least 4k for it.

So wer would u put the price of an s8 with originals wheels as well....and without the issues mentioned above....
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 13th February 2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
So were would u put the price of an s8 with originals wheels as well....and without the issues mentioned above....
Personally, quite a bit lower than any of the owners would.....

I wonder who will take the bait first?

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 13th February 2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Thats my point....an enthusiast would want original s8 wheels in the least. But still someone is expecting to get at least 4k for it.

So wer would u put the price of an s8 with originals wheels as well....and without the issues mentioned above....
I think you're right, prices are rising, for the reasons I noted in an earlier post. I'd say a max of £5k for a mint PF S8, or £8k for either a very well specced FL S8 or FE S8 provided there is "gearbox peace of mind". But mine is worth more than that to me...

Last edited by tintin; 13th February 2015 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typo - again!
Old 13th February 2015, 02:11 PM

Both bumpers damaged, not just rear. Rear tyres both different and different to the front, both front might be the same but hard to work out in pictures.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure