A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 18th May 2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefferle View Post

question: Do I now condemn the ABS module and replace with a new-refurbished unit? Any other checks?

looking forward to your thoughts on this.

Thanks guys,
I would get it tested first. No point throwing away or replacing a unit that may not be faulty
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 19th May 2020, 11:53 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
I would get it tested first. No point throwing away or replacing a unit that may not be faulty
Thanks Homer, I’ll do that next... putting the harness back together along with replacing brake switch again first👍
Old 20th May 2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefferle View Post
Thanks Homer, I’ll do that next... putting the harness back together along with replacing brake switch again first👍
Update - taped up and fitted the wiring harness along with all bits. Fitted an Audi OEM brake light switch, reset all Codes then test drove with 80+ brake pedal presses with NO FAULTS😁👍

It’s was difficult to believe that the aftermarket Febi part was an issue as Febi is a reputable brand but....😕
Another lesson learned.... Audi OEM all the way (Mabey not for suspension parts as I use Meyle-HD for years in all my past cars).
THANKS FOLKS for all your support👍
Old 21st May 2020, 05:04 PM

Excellent news! I would also use brands like Febi but over the last few years I have read more and more posts on different cars having issues with aftermarket sensors/switches etc so I now only use original parts for anything electrical where possible.

Glad you got it sorted
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder