A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Wheels and Tyres

D4 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 8th November 2022, 08:09 PM

Default 4.2 TDI D4 Tyre pressures

Hi

The 40psi recommendation on my 255/45/19 104Y Goodyears on the front of my D4 seems a bit hard when driving. Could I reduce this a bit without causing a problem. Any advice appreciated

Steve
Old 9th November 2022, 11:18 AM

This is what I found in the owner's manual for the D4 tyre pressures. Unless the sticker in fuel filler cap (if that's where it is on the D4) is showing 40psi, they do seem quite high.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Audi A8 D4 Tyre Pressures.png
Views:	99
Size:	943.1 KB
ID:	28960  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 9th November 2022, 02:40 PM

Thanks again Steamship.

The sticker is on the inside edge of the drivers door. It actually says 39psi front for up to 3 occupants and 33 for the rear. I have then set at that now. What I did do is change the suspension setting from Dynamic to comfort. This has made a considerable difference and is more to my taste. I'll monitor this. Thanks Steve
Old 9th November 2022, 06:08 PM

There's several D4 owners on here, so maybe they'll provide some feedback on what they run.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 9th November 2022, 08:47 PM

40 seems high unless fully loaded, this is the door sticker from a 2016 D4

Inside the drivers door shut, note the part code, if you don't have one won't cost much to replace ��
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221109-203929_Gallery.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	28964  
Old 9th November 2022, 08:50 PM

Thank you
Old 9th November 2022, 08:55 PM

Would it being a 4.2 TDI make a difference? I'm pretty sure that's what my sticker says. I'll check again tomorrow when the weather is hopefully more pleasant.
Thanks again
Old 9th November 2022, 09:16 PM

99.9% sure that's from a 4.2tdi!

I had a few, but not any more, that's a pic from my phone!
Old 10th November 2022, 01:06 PM

Hi Paul

I just had a look and the sticker says 39 front and 33 rear. It may be that the Goodyears are a stiff tyre or maybe I'll just get used to it. As I said I did set the suspension to 'comfort' and it has made a considerable improvement. Maybe I'll chance a couple of psi less. I have ordered a new pressure guage so will compare readings. Thanks again