A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 29th July 2009, 01:37 PM

Exclamation A8 Infamy

Hey there, it is interesting what you read, see the attached piece from this weeks issue of Autocar.

I can say from first hand experience that you lot in the UK are taking this pretty seriously. When I was travelling to Germany earlier this year to go to ZF and the meet, we attracted a lot of attention from the folks at boarder control. Each and every time we got pulled in and quite thoroughly searched.

When we queried the guys checking the car, it was as the article suggests, A8s are the car of choice for “criminals”. So are we by association criminals too .

Any of you travelling to the gathering in Germany would be well advised to have all of your documentation in place and in order and put aside an extra few mins at the ferry terminal for the inevitable stop and search.
You’ve been warned…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	367  

Last edited by builder22; 29th July 2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 29th July 2009, 01:49 PM

Its true, at Dover they thought I was to young to have an S8. The Biritsh police done insurance checks etc, ownership checks.. and held me back for a while before they let me go!
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 29th July 2009, 04:52 PM

I was under the impression that A8's were pretty secure; so are the Twoc'ers hijacking or breaking & entering for keys? If its the later you're in for big F'cking surprise if you think about taking mine