A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st July 2019, 08:27 AM

Default Front Bumper Dilema

Hi There,

I had a bit of a silly accident/parking error / laps of judgement - Ikea MK, parked up, decent day of shopping, got in, reversed and the car had dropped onto the raised curb and ARGHHH.

I noticed the under tray scraping a few miles later on and hooked it back as best, also lost the windscreen washer as caught a pipe and cracked a small hose. Hooked back up on the drive way later on

Drove to funeral and passenger side of the tray came down, pulled off got the tray removed, it had been damaged another time, in a suit and needed to get places so they binned it for me.

Got back and noticed a missing fog light, the passenger side inner arch liner had become damaged too. Got a new one.

Up to oil change time, car was low, so couldn't jack, popped in to local garage and took about 3 weeks of faff to get in, also got suspension checked and looked like a weak compressor. Rebuild kit lasted 3.5ys so not bad, just done again and working fine.

Looks like bumper set-up is slowly disintegrating as lower valence part is not best and noticed it low, strapped up, but I think the front bumper is on it's last legs and the sensible thing is new front bumper, there's previous damage on a corner from pre-me anyway.

It seems it's all linked as one....Irritating, but also the grills and stuff kinda hold it in shape and the tray too, so without it's not been doing the best

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A8-D...YAAOSwEMddFMK6

£200 - inc grill and loads of extra bits. Looks reasonable too. BLUE LY7R

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A8-D...8AAOSwdLpc2pai

Forum guys, good guys. £160, but needs all the other bits. LZ7Q Oyster Grey

Car is LY7H Akoya Silver - Though previous owner has blacked roof and wheels.

180k miles and more a work horse than show car. There was a big scratch down the passenger side which has been badly touched up. Car isn't really worth much and after 3.5ys and 60k at £4.5K it probably doesn't owe me much either. I often consider swapping, particular when i'm close to bonus season, though quite what would actually tempt me away for reasonable money.....i mean B&O would be nice, massage/ventilated seats would tempt the GF, My Old S8 was fun, but D2 is a bit old now and the D3 S8 is still £8-10K and loses LPG

Hmm

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)