A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 1st January 2016, 11:10 AM

Default Bad start to 2016 :-(

Some kind person decided to drive off and not leave any details from this damage in a Tesco car park. I'm always more than happy to park in the far corner of a car park where it's quieter to try and avoid incidents like this happening. Now I've calmed down a bit, the damage doesn't appear to be too bad. Will need a new colour coded strip which runs along the bumper, a new chrome piece underneath it plus clips, and the scuff on the side could be polished out and there's a small dent which can easily be sucked out too. Looks like it's pushed either the boot lid or bumper out of alignment ever so slightly as well so that will need looking at.
Some peoples' lack of care absolutely staggers me sometimes.

- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 1st January 2016, 11:30 AM

ask tesco for any video footage of the area
by law they must allow you to view it
Old 1st January 2016, 11:50 AM

Good Luck. My experience is that the angles are never good enough to read number plates.
I am beginning to think that there is a forum somewhere that A8 damagers belong to.
Another new word invented by yours truly.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 1st January 2016, 12:11 PM

Bad news , hate that sort of stuff , you have to payout of your own pocket for somebody else's bad driving , like said worth seeing if any cctv ..... just don't hold your breath.
Old 1st January 2016, 12:18 PM

Damn!!!!
Had that before, now I visit Tesco night time when car park is empty or never leave the car.
Hope you catch the individual via cctv
Old 1st January 2016, 12:33 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

I really feel for you. I'd be totally gutted .... and very angry

Hope you get it sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
I am beginning to think that there is a forum somewhere that A8 damagers belong to.
eight-haters.com?
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 1st January 2016, 12:55 PM

eight-haters-killer.com

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 1st January 2016, 02:38 PM

That stinks! Its not like they wouldnt have known that it had happened.
The only upside of my wifes mobility issue is that it entitles her to a blue badge and i get to park in a wide bay - but, even then, the length of the car means that the car is "exposed" at either end to careless car (and trolley) drivers .
Old 1st January 2016, 02:53 PM

No CCTV there. The only clue I have is the white/light grey paint left on the wing. If I managed to find out the number plate then I can search who the registered keeper is and pay them a visit but I'm not holding out any hope. These things happen unfortunately could have been worse, it's just a damaged piece of plastic but not a nice feeling when something you've worked hard for and pay a lot of money to keep is damaged by a careless to$$er in a supermarket car park!
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 1st January 2016, 03:25 PM

Sorry to hear that Ollie, it makes my blood boil that people think it's ok to just do something like that and then drive off, as others have said its not like they didn't realise they did it.

I had exactly the same thing happen to my D2 a few weeks ago, it was parked off the road on the driveway and even then someone had clearly decided to turn around in the road and scraped against my rear bumper. Most of it has polished out but I can still see some damage, and yet again I can't believe that they didn't realise they had done it, for goodness sake we are talking about the difference between trying to get around in less moves, or just reversing one more tme and applying some more lock
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	12268  

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs

Last edited by Architex_mA8tey; 1st January 2016 at 08:39 PM.