A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Other marques

Other marques All non Audi other cars

Old 7th August 2017, 09:25 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Sometimes I wonder if it's my medication, but this is just fugly IMHO, inside and out!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 7th August 2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Sometimes I wonder if it's my medication, but this is just fugly IMHO, inside and out!
Not your medication, it's the lack of a D3 in your life. Your aesthetics are still undeveloped. There's hope, but I'm not holding my breath
Old 7th August 2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Your aesthetics are still undeveloped.
Very harsh Nick - you could just have said underdeveloped...

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 7th August 2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
The meds may be playing a part Jim, but any '90s electronic dash is bound to look naff, and the styling's not too hot either. Having said that, it's probably better quality than anything Vauxhall have produced since

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 8th August 2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
That Senator, same colour as the one I had (1988). I agree, one of the best car's I've had. It's worth repeating how similar they are to the D3's. Just look at it against your signature picture
I went to Northern Ireland with my mate a couple or three years ago to look at buying a 'mint' manual Senator after exchanging 20+ emails with the vendor, a very rare beast in manual as I had never seen one before but was assured it was 100% genuine. On arriving I met another mate at Larne and walked over to the Asda car park where the car was waiting for my arrival. It looked low...very low, a quick shuffty underneath revealed a set of lowered springs Then under the bonnet revealed the remainder of the automatic gear selector cables. That was enough for us, we were out. Only problem was the guy had driven 60 miles to get to the ferry and wasn't happy and wanted compensation. My mate's 6'3" and built like the proverbial brick s**thouse so he decided enough was enough and told the guy to get on his bike. That's when the s**t hit the fan and a Transit van with 3 bears arrived like a scene out of the Sweeney. They jumped out the van and they took a look at the size of my mate and decided to jump back in the van and leg it before WW3 started...:ROFL

What I couldn't believe was just how small it was compared to the A8.

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro
Old 8th August 2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Both the Senator and GTE had digital dash boards which were panned in every review
MK2 had the digi dash Mk1's were (Astra's that is, never been in a Senator)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MK1 Dash.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	16674  

Bright yellow bus o love.