A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Interior Trims

D4 - Interior Trims Seats, dashboards, plastics, everything inside the cabin

Old 13th March 2015, 06:36 PM

Default d4 rear seat bench

anybody care to enlighten me how the hell you remove the rear seat bench
i am aware of the 3 clips at the front edge of the seat
and removed those easilly
i am now trying to release the rear part of the seat which has either been glued or welded in it would seem
there is some type of clip holding the outside of the seats
but it doesnt appear to want to move either up or down
the only other thing i can see is a bolt which holds the bracket to the body
but this is obscured by part of the seat frame

need to remove rear seat to enable me to thread wiring for rear camera
thanks nath
Old 13th March 2015, 07:11 PM

Don't know the D4 specifically, but the standard method on almost all cars is to remove the fixings below the front edge (often a bit hidden in carpet) and slide forwards.
Not sure if ISOFIX mounts can cause a problem, do you have those?
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 14th March 2015, 12:57 AM

ive removed the 3 anchor points at the front of the seat but am unable to lift the seat high enough to look underneath to see whats holding it in place

no idea if it has isofix or not ... but i do have an angle grinder
Old 14th March 2015, 10:39 PM

Yep, the angle grinder will do it, but you maybe better off just forgetting the 20p you lost down there
Old 15th March 2015, 10:46 AM

finally got them out
stupid idea seats are clipped in at back
Old 15th March 2015, 11:22 AM

What sort of clips, where exactly and how did you reach and release them?
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 4th May 2016, 10:13 PM

As mentioned previously, there are three clips towards the front of the bench which just release when lifted.

Then at the back of the bench, there are two hooks, one on each side of the bench. It's quite tricky to unlatch them. You need to press down on the rear of the bench whilst pulling forwards. This then unlatches the bench and it can be lifted out.

To release the uprights, you need to first of all release a small multi cable wiring plug on each side of the floor under the rear bench. These are connected to the uprights. Once these have been released, there is one 16mm bolt holding the bottom of the uprights in place on each side. Release this bolt, lift the upwards and out.