A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions including MMI 3G Plus

Old 4th April 2016, 11:19 AM

Default D4 - Aftermarket rear screens

anyone done this

seems D4's with the rear seat entertainment are either quite rare, very expensive or done very high mileage.

anyone added rear screens, where are the connection points in a D4, if you have the tv is the module in the rear again? are there any aux in and outs anywhere on the car
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 4th April 2016, 12:02 PM

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8379

You may find stuff in there to help if you didn't know it was there.

Old 5th April 2016, 12:58 PM

i didnt know, but i didnt find anything

i was in a d4 yesterday and had a quick look around, it had the tv in it, and AV1 was shown on the display as an option, but no idea where the actual AV1 inputs were, nor did the salesman.

boot looked a bit tight to be holding a tv tuner, so no idea where it is on the d4
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 5th April 2016, 01:39 PM

This may explain the input situation, mentions aux audio input

http://naviks.com/i-24075264-2010-20...interface.html

Old 5th April 2016, 01:52 PM

interesting, but these are designed to be connect to the mmi, im guessing that will happen behind the glove box, uses lvcd input same as the mmi screens

i was looking for where the AV1 in the standard setup might be.

Old 5th April 2016, 02:41 PM

I know but it mentions that the d4 has only audio input as an aux in unlike the d3 that has video and audio via the tv tuner.

The audio aux in is somewhere around the mmi control i believe on the d4

Old 5th April 2016, 02:48 PM

i read it as - if you dont have a tv - use this device to get video/camera etc to the front screen, no audio connector, whereas if the tv tuner has an av1 somewhere, it would give you both (and no need for the above kit)

Old 5th April 2016, 02:51 PM

That device enables you to add video in by being piggy in the middle with lvds and using already existing audio aux or bluetooth audio in but the way i understood it the d4 has no aux vid inputs.

Old 5th April 2016, 02:53 PM

i defo saw it on the menu under media

makes a big difference to me for putting in aftermarket headrests, my kids are a bit young to control the menus and get what they want to watch

Old 5th April 2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
i didnt know, but i didnt find anything

i was in a d4 yesterday and had a quick look around, it had the tv in it, and AV1 was shown on the display as an option, but no idea where the actual AV1 inputs were, nor did the salesman.

boot looked a bit tight to be holding a tv tuner, so no idea where it is on the d4

The tuner will be in-between the boot and the rear seats, the whole panel pulls down from the top. I'm not clear if there are inputs and outputs, or if you need additional cables as per the D3 tuner or otherwise though!?