A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 9th June 2016, 01:43 PM

IN here, for many many reasons....

We already have control over our border, sure there is free movement within the EU and that is predominantly a benifit. I hear people shout on about skill sets, but actually we need a lot of lowly paid workers too as a lot of British people find things below them!
We have an agreement with France on our border being at Calais, if we pull out we may get camp Dover which would be fun at which point the Exit on racist grounds will look very silly!

The EU is not the ECHR, getting rid of one does not get rid of the other and that's where most rule judgements come from. Sure the EU isn't directly elected, but nor are a load of rulling jobs. The house of Lords being a prime one, and actually a lot of the times the Lords make a lot better decisions than the Tory's!

Trade....The EU is liable to block TTIP, David Cameron has claimed to have introduced it. Voting out on this is like jumping out of the frying pan and into hell, let alone the fire!

We have been in Europe and done very well from it, comming out is a random throw of the dice as there is no relivant data on what will happen. All are just guesses and "options" that 350m a week to the NHS is certain bull....It's a lot less and we already have money to fund the NHS, the government just doesn't want to!

Personally I also tend to visit Europe a fair bit!
Old 9th June 2016, 05:42 PM

This is interesting

....The country seeking to leave the Union will be required to secure support from at least 72 percent of the continuing member states representing at least 65 percent of their population, as well as consent from the European Parliament

So I guess it will never happen
Old 9th June 2016, 07:41 PM

Well..

Norway is out, and i Never ever hope we will join this sinking ship.. All they want is our money and spend then on other countries that doesn't lift a finger to make their own.

So vote out and let Germany go Bankrupt👍

When it comes to travelling in other countries in Europe, it does not matter if you are in or out.
For working, at least we can work in any Shengen country (Not UK at the moment, but maybe after a Brexit?)

Vote out, and free beers from me
1993 Audi S4 2.2 TQ MTM 330 (my first love!)

Last edited by SilverS8; 9th June 2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 9th June 2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverS8 View Post
Well..

Norway is out, and i Never ever hope we will join this sinking ship.. All they want is our money and spend then on other countries that doesn't lift a finger to make their own.

So vote out and let Germany go Bankrupt👍

When it comes to travelling in other countries in Europe, it does not matter if you are in or out.
For working, at least we can work in any Shengen country (Not UK at the moment, but maybe after a Brexit?)

Vote out, and free beers from me
Why can't you work in UK, I've worked with plenty over here in UK, well waters anyway.

Old 9th June 2016, 08:06 PM

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...lewis-11436653

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 10th June 2016, 06:15 AM

I'm fairly certain that I will vote to remain.

That said I'm 29 years old, born in 1986 and so I have never known anything different to life in the EU. That seems to be where the differences lay with those voters old enough to remember a time pre-EU membership.

I've studied law and have letters after my name so I feel confident enough to understand the implications of EU laws on the UK. That is not something that has ever troubled me.

Ultimately the very bottom line is that UK parliament has the power to make or unmake any law whatsoever; we joined the EU with an act of parliament and can repeal it as easily as it was passed.

People I think are stuck on the notion that this is the only opportunity we have to leave the EU. It isn't. Sure it could be the only time we get to vote on the subject for the foreseeable but if situations arose that truly threatened the UK parliament could have us out. We elected them to run our country for us, so we have to have a little faith in them...

The topic currently frustrating me more than anything in the world right now is why people think EU migration is the death of us.

the UK has a population somewhere north of 64,000,000.

The last net migration figures (total) was 330,000 for the year - that's everyone EU and non-EU. That would mean an difference of 0.5% in the population.

EU nationals account for just over half of net migration at 184,000; which rounded up makes a difference of 0.3% to the population.

The scale of EU migration is just that tiny it's a drop in the ocean and a non-issue. And seriously, if we leave the EU do we think it will stop those people wanting to come and work in the UK? I doubt it, there will just be a bit more paperwork to do first but if they want to come, they'll come whatever. Much like the other 146000 immigrants do - don't forget we didn't have to let the other 146,000 in but we decided to do so all on our own.

I honestly don't see the immigration is going to be the death of us all that the tabloids and scare-mongers think.

I'd also bet that without doctors and nurses from within the EU the NHS would be verging on collapse, we rely on them quite heavily as we cannot get enough from within the UK to fill the vacancies.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how it plays out - I suspect it'll go like the Scottish referendum, it'll all be close to the wire till it comes to vote and it'll be a clear 'better together' vote.

Factory: finger print, tv, xenons, keyless entry & go, soft close boot, 19s, and probably lots more besides

Done: fixed headlight washer leak, fit Bluetooth in place of factory phone

To do: DAB, DTV, fix soft close boot, get a spare key, investigate NSF bushes,

Last edited by Artermis; 10th June 2016 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10th June 2016, 10:11 AM

I'm not sure what the benefits either way are really, and the scare tactics used by both sides along with the BS propaganda has made it impossible to find out real facts.

In regards to trade, we would join the European Free Trade Association which would make us members of European Economic Area so would still have free movement of persons, goods, services and capital within the internal market of the European Union. So those living/working in the EU can stay with no problems and no Visas needed to visit anywhere.

Immigration, hopefully this would mean the introduction of a points system where skilled workers can come in. Immigration of workers is important and needed for our economy and should not be stopped, but non-working immigration is the thing people want better control over. But being a member of the above trade agreement would make that difficult to enforce as free movement would still exist.

Law, taking back control of our law by leaving the EU is on the most part a complete fallacy, there have been very few "Laws" inflicted on the UK by the EU, and the European Court of Human Rights will still be in effect so rulings from there would still happen. Also we would still be bound by EU legislation ( as a European Economic Area member) but with no vote on it.

Money, giving out money to the EU, that magical £350million a week. We would still be asked to contribute to the EU in or out, same as other non EU members who are part of Europe currently do. And it would be a lot due to our financial size.

So are we better off in or out? It's all swings and roundabouts, I'd imagine pretty much the same either way.
Old 10th June 2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artermis View Post
I'm fairly certain that I will vote to remain.

That said I'm 29 years old, born in 1986 and so I have never known anything different to life in the EU. That seems to be where the differences lay with those voters old enough to remember a time pre-EU membership.

I've studied law and have letters after my name so I feel confident enough to understand the implications of EU laws on the UK. That is not something that has ever troubled me.

Ultimately the very bottom line is that UK parliament has the power to make or unmake any law whatsoever; we joined the EU with an act of parliament and can repeal it as easily as it was passed.

People I think are stuck on the notion that this is the only opportunity we have to leave the EU. It isn't. Sure it could be the only time we get to vote on the subject for the foreseeable but if situations arose that truly threatened the UK parliament could have us out. We elected them to run our country for us, so we have to have a little faith in them...

The topic currently frustrating me more than anything in the world right now is why people think EU migration is the death of us.

the UK has a population somewhere north of 64,000,000.

The last net migration figures (total) was 330,000 for the year - that's everyone EU and non-EU. That would mean an difference of 0.5% in the population.

EU nationals account for just over half of net migration at 184,000; which rounded up makes a difference of 0.3% to the population.

The scale of EU migration is just that tiny it's a drop in the ocean and a non-issue. And seriously, if we leave the EU do we think it will stop those people wanting to come and work in the UK? I doubt it, there will just be a bit more paperwork to do first but if they want to come, they'll come whatever. Much like the other 146000 immigrants do - don't forget we didn't have to let the other 146,000 in but we decided to do so all on our own.

I honestly don't see the immigration is going to be the death of us all that the tabloids and scare-mongers think.

I'd also bet that without doctors and nurses from within the EU the NHS would be verging on collapse, we rely on them quite heavily as we cannot get enough from within the UK to fill the vacancies.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how it plays out - I suspect it'll go like the Scottish referendum, it'll all be close to the wire till it comes to vote and it'll be a clear 'better together' vote.
as previously stated I am firmly of the opinion that if leaving the EU is our best option now is certainly not the right moment as europe is in a state of political change and we can wait and see if we want to change whereas we cannot leave and then change

re the number of immigrants , nobody seems to be talking about foreign students.....we attract a higher number of foreign students than any other country the latest statistics I have seen showed and input of 272,000 who count as immigrants although the vast majority leave when they qualify so that the net number in the last year was 167,000 so that when you deduct that from the 330,000 you get a rather different picture ...it's a bit like boris' £350m/week

Last edited by oldnick; 10th June 2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10th June 2016, 01:55 PM

Lets make britain GREAT again

Great Britain .....

i love Boris (my neighbor's dog's name too)
Old 10th June 2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
Lets make britain GREAT again

Great Britain .....
I agree. And we're not going to achieve this if the speculation around Brussels is that an out vote will also mean no access to the single market. The majority of heads of state agree, the two largest factions in the EU Parliament agree and apparently so does the European Commission.

We're the 2nd biggest economy in the EU. The UK should be leading Europe. That the UK does not is precisely our own governments fault, current and previous.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...-schauble-says

Quote:
“That [A Norwegian or Swiss model] won’t work,” Schäuble told Der Spiegel. “It would require the country to abide by the rules of a club from which it currently wants to withdraw.

“If the majority in Britain opts for Brexit, that would be a decision against the single market. In is in. Out is out. One has to respect the sovereignty of the British people.”

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,