A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 26th December 2015, 12:06 PM

Default Steering lock message after ignition off

Is it possible to turn the message about the steering lock off when the ignition is turned off? Problem is, when it beeps every time I leave the car, I don't realise that I've left my lights on. Came to the car this morning with no battery power t all. So much so that when I tried the key in the ignition, it now won't release.

Alternatively, is there a way to code the lights to automatically turn off if the headlight switch is left in the on position? I was able to do this in my last passat, but have found coding options very limited on my D3
Old 26th December 2015, 05:32 PM

It's never been something that I've looked into because of auto lights but I have never seen mention of coding for delay in headlights, I am surprised that the battery's flat though.

Would have expected the battery manager to shut it off instead of continuing to flatten the battery.

I don't think the auto light retrofit is difficult to do and would cure the issue for you.

Old 26th December 2015, 06:04 PM

I have the auto lights, but last night was foggy on the way home, and had to use them (never normally do), meaning I had left the switch in the headlight position.

In my passat when I changed the lights to a Scandinavian setting for DRL, it allowed the light switch to be left in any position and they would still turn themselves off. I remember coming across a similar setting on the Audi somewhere, tried it but it didn't work. There was other options like North American etc, so I'll maybe try my luck with some of those.