A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 3rd September 2016, 03:03 PM

Default FS: Nokia 3110 plus 2x slim batteries for D2 A8/S8

I thought I had lost this, but digging around in a cupboard has turned up a spare 3110 handset plus some bits.

This is the handset that fits in the factory fitted cradle in the front passenger armrest of a D2 A8/S8. I'm selling the handset, 1x regular battery (which will NOT fit in the cradle), 2x slim battery (which will), 1x mains charger and 1x misc cable.

I've powered up the phone using the main charger and it is the proper red back lit version to match the A8 interior lighting. It takes what I now call a dinner plate SIM card, and I don't have any of those. I don't know how well the batteries would hold a charge, I'm afraid.

£50. Or offers.

Putting squashed dinosaur world to good use.
Old 3rd September 2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg66 View Post
I thought I had lost this, but digging around in a cupboard has turned up a spare 3110 handset plus some bits.

This is the handset that fits in the factory fitted cradle in the front passenger armrest of a D2 A8/S8. I'm selling the handset, 1x regular battery (which will NOT fit in the cradle), 2x slim battery (which will), 1x mains charger and 1x misc cable.

I've powered up the phone using the main charger and it is the proper red back lit version to match the A8 interior lighting. It takes what I now call a dinner plate SIM card, and I don't have any of those. I don't know how well the batteries would hold a charge, I'm afraid.

£50. Or offers.
Potentially interested - do you have photos you could upload?
Old 4th September 2016, 04:28 PM

Pictures:

Things not quite as rosy as I thought though.

One of the slim batteries is aftermarket. I've noticed it is bulging - you can see this in the second photo. Not a good sign for a battery.

The thick battery looks to have a slightly oxidized terminal (again, you can see this in the photos). There's a very slight look of some form of liquid marking around that terminal. Again, not great news, but that's a battery you're unlikely to want.

The Nokia slim battery appears fine. However it won't take a charge. Plug it into the mains, leave it for an hour, unplug it and the phone powers off immediately. Same for the thick Nokia battery (the aftermarket battery doesn't even pretend to charge).

I'm not sure from memory whether these phones will work in the handset if you have a basically dead battery attached to them. I vaguely remember ours firing up and them off again when the ignition came on, but that could be after the local dealer dealer decided to disconnect the phone charger in case it was overloading the battery. Hmm.

Anyway, there it is. In light of the battery issues I'll reduce to £30 for the lot.

Putting squashed dinosaur world to good use.