A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 18th October 2010, 05:43 PM

Default a8 parts list are online here

epc and pdf of part numbers are available here.
however look for rhd as opposed to lhd.
you have to log in to vag cat to part view numbers.

http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/au/A8Q/
or
http://www.audipages.com/partslist.html

Last edited by r8dream; 18th October 2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 18th October 2010, 06:13 PM

I used VAGCAT over a number of years but when I tried over a period of weeks a few months ago I was unable to logon to the catalog.

Is it back up & running?

ISTR that both VAGCAT and Paul Waterloo's excellent website has a distinct American bias (not surprising really ) so some of the parts may not be applicable...

Found that out when I tried to order an MFSW control module from a picture on an in-depth MFSW retrofit.

I also have the Bentley Manual but again that is US specific...lots of good info though.

I wish I could get hold of ETKA & ELSAWIN...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 18th October 2010, 06:16 PM

Glyn,

You can get ETKA and ELSAWin from a TORRENT of places, though we wouldn't recommend that approcach as THE police would take a dim view of that with you being a PIRATE and we want to keep that stuff at BAY.

*ahem*

I know.. I know..

Old 18th October 2010, 06:45 PM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHe View Post
Glyn,

You can get ETKA and ELSAWin from a TORRENT of places, though we wouldn't recommend that approcach as THE police would take a dim view of that with you being a PIRATE and we want to keep that stuff at BAY.

*ahem*
Subtle as a brick after 8 pints of buckfastly!

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.
Old 18th October 2010, 06:48 PM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynH View Post
Thanks for the replies guys...

PsYcHe: I did read somewhere about all of the related items that go with it and no I don't have any of them...and it looks a hell of a job!

It's just that I thought I would take this opportunity to fit the heated screen in case I ever get round to the rest!

I might just take the easy option and go with the standard screen as its the only one National Windscreens supply!

Conan_the_Librarian: OK Mike...thanks for all the info as always!
I am almost afraid to ask as I saw what you done to those guys in the library... but exactly what bits of foam do I need to supply to National Windscreens for them to make a proper job of replacing my windscreen? One of each listed but 3 x 8D0 845 237? 10x5 or 5x6?

4D0 863 197 A (25x11)
4D0 863 197 C (15x15)
8D0 845 237 distance piece (self adhesive) 10x5, 5x6,3 lower (3 of)
443 877 665 C Buffer (self adhesive) 11x5 mm upper

I guess they will have the wire/primer/solution/adhesive or would I just be better off supplying everything apart from the damn screen?

Also Mike (last point I promise) you mentioned above there are 6 different screens?

Don't suppose it would be possible to post the part number & descriptions please?

Pretty please?

With bells on?

<ducking>

According to NW mine should be green over grey no mirror boss...or something like that anyway!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
You won't know what you need to fit the new one until the old one is out. If your paying someone to do it then the fitting is up to them just tell them the parts they might need. I've never replace one just removed one. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.

Previously
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
Old 18th October 2010, 07:05 PM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

Part numbers as grovellingly requested

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HS 1.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1428   Click image for larger version

Name:	HS 2.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1429  

Watch it if you dare

Currently,

Previously
Old 19th October 2010, 03:13 AM

Subtle indeed!

Thanks for the heads-up PsYcHe but I never take anything from places like that...I was kinda hoping for an original but I guess unless I am a dealer then it is a no-no?

Thanks for the detailed info as always Mike!

Can you tell I don't trust NW to do a good job? I've had some very poor experiences with a heated screen fitted to my old Cosworth Scorpio where they cut off the receptacle crimps and just twisted & taped the wires together oblivious about weatherproofing or the current that gets passed along the cables

I ended up soldering/heat-shrinking the cables myself but would have preferred the factory-fit terminals...I am guessing the replacement screen not being the genuine article just had a bare wire connection or something...

Even my trusty 1998 T4 has had two screens fitted neither of which went without incident.

I know it is an old van but the first time it came away with scratches on the bonnet and enough mastic to prevent the Titanic from sinking.

Funny thing was when I took it back to have another screen fitted a few years later the fitter was taking the **** and asked me WTF fitted the last one?

Took the wind out o fhis sails and stopped him mid-flow when I told him they did...

After reading about squeaking screens on the Audi I was hoping I could at least minimize the pain by supplying everything they might need...still no guarantee of them fitting the bits properly of course...

Why does it nearly always seem to much to ask just to get a proper job done these days?

Remind me again why I don't use a Main Dealer?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 7th November 2010, 05:27 AM

If You want something to get done right do it Yourself
Old 29th March 2011, 12:56 PM

Default Second the diy bit

My windscreen picked up a couple of stone chipsover the winter...so I m tinking best get it sorted....have to say after reading this I m not very confident it will be done well....but am intrigued by heated windscreen idea...

This brings me to the point....why do mechanics call themselves professionals
when more often than not an enthusiast can do a better job?????....

Ps elsawin and etka are very useful pieces of kit so well
worth the perseverence to source the two...
Old 30th March 2011, 06:36 AM

I dont know if it helps, I had the same dilemma a year and a half ago when my screen got smashed by a massive pebble on the autobahn.
I was going to go for Autoglass and before I did I searched the web for reviews, most of them bad, damaged trim, scratched up frame, etc.
One of the bad reviews was on Pistonheads, and someone reccomended Glasstec. All the reviews of Glasstec where good, so I went with them.

http://www.glasstecauto.co.uk/

I think Glasstec is just one man, I watched him work, he did a very professional job, protected the internal trim, didnt damage the frame, I was very pleased.
I decided to replace my heated tinted screen with a non-heated non-tinted one so that made it a bit easier, and cheaper, and as a bonus my GPS works without problems now.