A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 29th January 2012, 02:48 PM

huh, I always thought Laycake was an RS4! >_<

yeah I doubt the misses will allow it, at this stage im going to have to work very hard to just get a 3.0 TDI A4 Avant
'72 Mini Pick up Supercharged 1380
'03 S4 Avant
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:10 AM

Hi all,

So... ive got a little bit of news.

Not about the car (all though the insurance pay out is due any day now) But about my personal life.

Before the A8 was stolen, I was toying with the idea of an upgrade to a D3 4.2 TDI due to the pending wedding (In two months time) and feeling I should go a little more "sensible" However, things between my partner and I have been a little strained recently and about two weeks ago, we decideded to officially postpone the wedding till a later date. (this all started because she was getting pre wedding jitters, all which I understand are perfectly normal but they got worse and I feel started to go from just jitters to serious doubt, and so we started to argue. we did get things back on track after I moved into the spare room for a few weeks and we gave each other some space, (making sure one of us was out in the evenings and actually arranging to spend time with each other meaning that for a change we looked forward to seeing each other.)

This did work, but we both agree things arent where they need to be for us to proceed to get married, and do have decided to postpone the wedding. Officially were taking about doing it in a year, but I think it will be at least two years if I ever decide I will go through this again.

So, this has left me with the money from the 8's insurance pay out, and my savings for the wedding fund.

Initally I was going to get the TDI 8 to be a little more sensible, as a sign to my Fiancee that I was ready to marry. But now I am thinking F that and you can stick your sensible. Its time to get more crazy than the V8

So, I love classic's and retro.
I would like something that could have investment potential
I want something more insaine than the 4.2 petrol 8
Something that would p the misses off and cost a bit to run would be of benefit!

I find myself day dreaming about Audi RS2 Avants rather a lot at the moment......
'03 S4 Avant

Last edited by E.L.M.O; 23rd February 2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L.M.O View Post
Hi all,

So... ive got a little bit of news.

Not about the car (all though the insurance pay out is due any day now) But about my personal life.

Before the A8 was stolen, I was toying with the idea of an upgrade to a D3 4.2 TDI due to the pending wedding (In two months time) and feeling I should go a little more "sensible" However, things between my partner and I have been a little strained recently and about two weeks ago, we decideded to officially postpone the wedding till a later date. (this all started because she was getting pre wedding jitters, all which I understand are perfectly normal but they got worse and I feel started to go from just jitters to serious doubt, and so we started to argue. we did get things back on track after I moved into the spare room for a few weeks and we gave each other some space, (making sure one of us was out in the evenings and actually arranging to spend time with each other meaning that for a change we looked forward to seeing each other.)

This did work, but we both agree things arent where they need to be for us to proceed to get married, and do have decided to postpone the wedding. Officially were taking about doing it in a year, but I think it will be at least two years if I ever decide I will go through this again.

So, this has left me with the money from the 8's insurance pay out, and my savings for the wedding fund.

Initally I was going to get the TDI 8 to be a little more sensible, as a sign to my Fiancee that I was ready to marry. But now I am thinking F that and you can stick your sensible. Its time to get more crazy than the V8

Something that would p the misses off and cost a bit to run would be of benefit!

I find myself day dreaming about Audi RS2 Avants rather a lot at the moment......
Treat your self!

Whats your budget?
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:19 PM

If I wanted to blow a lot of it... £15k.
Would rather go for something at the lower end of the scale around £9k and add bits and bobs over the years and make my own mark on it, for me, custom is the way to go! (mechanically sound is important to me however)
'03 S4 Avant
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L.M.O View Post

1965 Land8 V8'd?

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:22 PM

Audi S4 B5 2.7 V6 BiTurbo! With a few touches they will eat V8's alive!
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:38 PM

I think my hearts set on an RS2 Avant TBH........¬
'03 S4 Avant
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:46 PM

There's only 2 listed on Pistonheads, and 1 of those is sold! The other has done 160k

They are rather lovely, but best bought from anal retentive types who've maintained regardless of cost.

Mate had one 10+ years ago when they were still going down in price and it never cost less than £1k to service with everything dropping off it a 100k miles.

It was blue and RHD though and looked great!

There's one on Auto Trader being sold by Nick Johnson at £14k which sounds like it's had proper care and attention:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01122389055479

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC

Last edited by Adrian E; 23rd February 2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: added advert link
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:52 PM

I wouldnt buy one off pistonheads or ebay, as mentioned by someone else and already decided by me I would ONLY buy one of a well respected forum member who was looking for a change from their pride and joy. I want one, but there is no rush and not in te position this very second.

To give you an example, this is exactly the sort of thing i would have been after. They only thing I would have dont would have been possibly a vinyl wrap (as it doesnt damage the paint and I can go as cutom as i like, then back to standard if and when i wanted to) and maybe some interior changes (nothing drastic) I also wonder how one of these would look on 20" final edition wheels....? (with it slammed as low as I could get it without compromising the handling, a harsh ride is something I CAN live with though)
http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51819

Most will have done 100k plus by now. If its been well looked after, im not fazed by mileage providing the engine has been well serviced and well looked after. (trim can always be reconditioned)
'03 S4 Avant

Last edited by E.L.M.O; 23rd February 2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:56 PM

Jeez, I go away for a few days and all hell is let loose. Sadly I doubt the car will be found in one piece and the insurance company will try and screw you, just don't accept the first offer, or the second

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro