A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 3rd June 2012, 09:19 PM

Yeah the RS2 is hugely tempting.... But so is the S4....!

Out of interest, if the 8's top speed is 172 unrestricted, what should it be on a manual S4? Sorry I know its a childish question but I'm really curious!
'72 Mini Pick up Supercharged 1380
'03 S4 Avant
Old 3rd June 2012, 10:13 PM

A B6 S4 is nowhere in performance terms against any of the turbo models, IMHO. If you want something a bit special and the RS2 is a bit too much of a collectors piece to use properly, then B5 RS4s are getting to be seriously good value for money if you can get one that's been properly looked after and doesn't have any issues outstanding.

The RS4 is hitting the kind of value where they're worth more in bits than as a complete car to some if they have any niggles, which at least should mean you can't really lose money on one.

Depends on budget, of course.

If you really fancy a B6, avoid any that've been longlife serviced as they're more likely to suffer cam chain rattle. Any that rattle at start up for more than a second should be steered well clear of. Many B6 are quite light on spec but many have had bits bolted on later as a lot of options are straightforward to retrofit. Things like auto recirculate not quite so easy....

Values have dropped like a stone in the past year - I was searching for one before I bought the S8 and only a few months after I gave up on making sensible offers the same cars were coming up at prices below what I'd been offering.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 30th December 2012, 06:52 PM

Hello all!

Well it took me a while.... but im back!
Almost a year since the 4.2 D2 was stolen and I have just bought myself a S4 B6 Avant with a manual box! cant wait to get it!
ive got a few plans for it already.

2012 was the worst year of my life.

time to put it all behind me.
'72 Mini Pick up Supercharged 1380
'03 S4 Avant