A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 6th October 2011, 03:59 AM

Default Interface 4E0035729 A8 wiring help!!!

Hi guys,
I recently took my car to be painted. I droped the car off fine, and had to tow it home. Im guessing the reason for this is because the body shop that said foriegn and domestic really just dealt with american cars, but im sure i seen a bmw in there somewhere so i thought they were knowledgable, but as i stated i only took it in for paint. So, when the paint was done, i soon found out that the suspension was very low, and i never seen it like this before and also the radio or mmi wasnt working either so i couldnt lift the suspension from the menu. So i towed my car to the dealer and they found that i had a
left rear level sensor broken, mmi-found that there are several modules in the mmi system that would not communicate with the scan tool. There are wires splice into harness .

Now im confuse and dont know what they did. i check forums on here and found that the interface might be dead but before i replace it i want to make sure about the harness. I was wondering if anyone knew where the harness is for the interface in the rear where the nav dvd n sat is because these are the only wires i see that they could have done. I also want to kno if you guys know where or what the powers wires on the harness are so i can make sure their geting power because i checked all fuses on the side of both dash nthere all fine so now im stuck or was it jus time for a new interface!

Thanx alot..
Old 19th October 2011, 07:35 AM

You seem to be missing something here?

You arrived at the bodyshop running. Then towed it away? I would of left it with them with a week deadline to get it running again?

If they have removed things and been a butcher slicing through the wiring loom is going to be a major problem on this car. If the loom is spliced, join the copper wires back together where possible.

If they have spliced the fibre optic MOST bus you're up sh*t creek as it is gonna cost....
Old 12th November 2011, 07:02 PM

Just an off beat thought.....

Would it be possible for a BT or other telecomms (fibre optic jointing) qualified engineer to splice the cable?

Other vehicles
1968 Rover P5B Coupe (Modified & V-Quick, but I have to sell this now ... Boo Hoo!)
'92 Mitsubishi Pajero V6 (Petrol) Super Exceed (Gone now)
'06 Harley Davidson Night Train
Oh Yes....... The '98 PF S8!
Old 14th November 2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
Just an off beat thought.....

Would it be possible for a BT or other telecomms (fibre optic jointing) qualified engineer to splice the cable?
Yes no problem, just need the correct terminations for the MOST bus.