A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 25th August 2015, 12:08 PM

Default MMI update best place to go it get it done

Hi All

I'm in Leicester and need to get my MMI updated , I would like to know if anyone around the midlands would know of somewhere to go for this , Have called Audi in Leicester but they are so bad...they told me that they did not know about the updates and could not did it.

Looking for somewhere that knows what they are doing and have done it before mine is on very one SW.

Thanks very much all.
I can get the disk from TSP but don't what to do it myself just in case it goes wrong.
Old 28th August 2015, 03:05 PM

I can understand your reservations about doing it yourself as I thought the same.

But I just threw caution to the wind and did it anyway lol,

Read as many threads as i could about doing it and was prepared for the loss of battery meter. What I was not expecting was the loss of the speech system but it was a good exercise to play with vcds and I soon had it all working again.

I did put a battery charger on while updating and it was a good job as it took about 2 hours in total.

It was worth it for the 3d maps update.

Matt
Old 28th August 2015, 04:50 PM

Hi Steve if you can get across to Swindon then Guy (daviesbike) will be able to do it for you, just pm him on here or I can pass him your mobile if you want

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 31st August 2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
I can understand your reservations about doing it yourself as I thought the same.

But I just threw caution to the wind and did it anyway lol,

Read as many threads as i could about doing it and was prepared for the loss of battery meter. What I was not expecting was the loss of the speech system but it was a good exercise to play with vcds and I soon had it all working again.

I did put a battery charger on while updating and it was a good job as it took about 2 hours in total.

It was worth it for the 3d maps update.

Matt
Thanks very much. Yep I think that I would be more comfortable if I did have vag com with me to use just incase I lost an anything.
Old 31st August 2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
Hi Steve if you can get across to Swindon then Guy (daviesbike) will be able to do it for you, just pm him on here or I can pass him your mobile if you want
👍😊👍 Hi Neil that could be a plan. A nice little drive out and I would get to have a look at Guy's projects and the w12. Yes please if you could pass the number on that would be great. Thank you for that👍