A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 4th February 2016, 07:58 PM

Default how to remove wooden console

Hello all just wondering if anyone any instructions with pictures on how to remove centre console. I have to replace the start stop button as when it's used for a cold start it take about 3-4 seconds to fire up the car and the Epc light stays on. Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks all
steve
Old 4th February 2016, 08:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuSC...TechElectronic
but where he used the blue tool, I just use my thumbs in the aperture below the HVAC to pull it up.

There are also about 3 or 4 connectors to unplug from the bottom of the console.

This model doesn't have start buttons (never seen that before)

The switch is held in with two more torx screws and a small brass pin that needs sliding out IIRC.
I would take in in the house if I was you as it is a bit fiddly.

Clean around the edge where the gap around the wood is too before you put it back.

Last edited by snapdragon; 4th February 2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 4th February 2016, 09:38 PM

Yep, dead easy. Just take the ashtray out, undo the bolt and the whole unit pulls off. A hell of a lot easier than removing a D2's trim.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 5th February 2016, 09:48 AM

That's great thank you gents that looks like a job that even I could do.

Many thank will give it a go over the weekend . I have a stop -start button from A9 parts that I will give a try and see if it helps with the starting prob...
....its also booked in for a starter motor so may come down to that as I'm also getting the same problem with the starting using the key now .......with the turn of the key and then 3-4 sec of nothing and then she fires up ..
Old 6th February 2016, 06:43 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the great tip would anyone know how to remove the connection into the stop start button. I don't want to break anything being too heavy handed
Thank very much the removal of the console was very easy thank to the you tube clip just need to get that connection off and then I can try a new one and see if it helps