A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > VCDS (aka Vagcom)

VCDS (aka Vagcom) For all your electronic debug / diag advice queries and mods.

Old 15th March 2015, 09:49 AM

Default coding in a rear view camera on a d4 a8

hi guys

need help with this please , i have installed everything inow need to code everything in
the only problem is the instructions are in german and they are using something other than vcds to code the car

any ideas or help appreciated

thanks
nath
Old 15th March 2015, 11:36 AM

post up the instructions you have and will convert it to vcds if possible
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 15th March 2015, 12:52 PM

the car is recognising the camera and that the equipment is installed

its now coming up with a 03006 fault code which when googled is saying
there is no calibratiion been done for guidelines

the problem i have is i cannot even see the picture from the camera
nevermind the back up lines (just a black screen)

i need to check the camera has indeed got an output
Old 15th March 2015, 07:33 PM

on the d3 calibration is also required, this was done with some expensive laser kit that not many dealers had, i presume there is a way around this by just telling it that its been calibrated. the german docs you have may refer to the vas system rather than vagcom, but you should be able to translate and find the correct module and location in vcds
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 15th March 2015, 07:42 PM

You can ignore the calibration error, it does indeed need to be done with lasers and a big domino looking device. But I have done the same thing as you and mine works fine without the calibration.

As for a black screen that sounds like you have not got a signal, are you fitting the reverse cam module along with the oem camera etc or is it third party stuff?

Old 16th March 2015, 12:11 AM

i am trying to retrofit the manufacturers original kit to give an oem factory appearance and use

ive used the following equipment

4H0 907 441 .... this is the part number for the control module i cannot see a revision number on the box but will check again tommorow

4E0 827 574 H this is the part number for the grip handle and camera mount

8K0 980 551 B this is the part number for the rear camera itself

all the parts where listed under the audi 4h d4 a8/s8

because you cannot buy an original audi loom i bought a kufatec loom

http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/Aud...ess-Audi-A8-4H

one thing of note is at the bottom of the description under notes it reccomends having revision x on the 4ho 997 441 i checked before hand with kufatec and they stated this was ok with my control module

after installing everything as a factory installation would i then attempted to code by altering the following by converting kufatecs manual

address 19 in vcds and altered the installation list to include the rear view camera
address 5f in vcds and altered bit 7 (this gives the mmi an option for rear view camera )
address 6c in vcds which requires coding correctly so as car knows if trailer is being used and if long or short wheel base and if has parking sensors system (mine has parking sensors front and rear )

address 10 in vcds and made sure the rear camera option is selected for when reverse gear is engaged

it states at the bottom to reset the mmi .... not managed this yet as it appears its not as simple as the d2 and d3 as there is no set up button
ive tried to reset via vcds but it wont connect to the control module

when i start car and engage reverse the screen has definately changed to incude the image

this is the original https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=au...2F%3B800%3B480

this is what i have now but with no actual picture
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=au...w%3B1280%3B720

any help appreciated cheers guys been messing all day trying to find correct
info but theres virtually no info on web regarding doing this
Old 16th March 2015, 06:54 AM

I dont know how different the D4 is to the D3, but on my D3 I had no picture at first because I had connected the wires wrong (I think I had got the CAN connections wrong)

I would suggest double checking the connections from the module to the camera to make sure, its fairly easy to do with a cheap multimeter on continuity settings.

The other thing thats needed on the D3 is to link the camera to the TV module- is this needed on the D4 too?

2004 A8 3.0 TDI Sport Brilliant Black
Came with: Black Valcona/Alcantara Leather, KESSY, rear blind, flappy paddle gear change, Phone Prep, TV
Added:Bluetooth, AMI, Hybrid TV, Parking plus, Ski hatch, towbar, DAB, Umbrella Holder, Reversing camera, Auto lights, Wheel refurb
Things to fix: Turbo fault, power drain
Old 16th March 2015, 11:28 AM

the camera is powered directly off the can bus but appears to running at 6.40 volts according to vcds
simply runs off can high and can low

not sure if thats correct or not as i have no referance

from there the signal goes into a seperate control box and this in turn outputs
another signal to the front of the car and the 3g mmi box behind the mmi screen
Old 17th March 2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath View Post
any help appreciated cheers guys been messing all day trying to find correct
info but theres virtually no info on web regarding doing this
Do you have any fault codes on the RVC module such as no camera sync?

I have been fitting mine to my D3 for 6 months. and struggling to get it working.
Old 17th March 2015, 09:58 PM

Default Similar to D3

Looking at elsa, the wiring is very similar to the D3- the camera is powered by 12v not by the CAN bus.

I have attached a few screen shots of the wiring and connections to help trace them out, but basically on the control unit Pin 47 and 48 are earth and live, 39 and 40 are CAN low and high and funally 43 and 44 are live and earth supply forbthe control unit.

2004 A8 3.0 TDI Sport Brilliant Black
Came with: Black Valcona/Alcantara Leather, KESSY, rear blind, flappy paddle gear change, Phone Prep, TV
Added:Bluetooth, AMI, Hybrid TV, Parking plus, Ski hatch, towbar, DAB, Umbrella Holder, Reversing camera, Auto lights, Wheel refurb
Things to fix: Turbo fault, power drain