A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 14th October 2009, 07:25 PM
entwisi

Default Car Back - with details of teh Bill

Well, I've got my car back and have the chance to now use it with no outstanding issues or concerns.

The Gearbox place fixed the gasket for nothing under Warranty without quibble

Its been in for new front brake pads and to fix teh leak from the water pump which was getting worse ( 2 pints a day worse!)

They replaced the brake pads with Pagid pads, fitted a new Water Pump and of course replaced the cam belt, refilled everything etc. It had a service not long ago so didn't need anything else, - cost £575 quid. Ouch! ( not bad I guess but this takes the amount I've spent now to more than I paid for the car in the first place!

So, I've decided that even if it is now completely and utterly sorted I can no longer enjoy driving it as I'm constantly listening for something going wrong so its up for sale.

I need to move on even if its just for my own piece of mind, I spend too long in my cars to be in constant state of worry.
Old 14th October 2009, 08:02 PM

Let me know the details Entwisi, could be intrested. Colour/options/mileage/history etc...
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 29th October 2009, 08:12 PM
entwisi

well, it was still losing a little even after the water pump was done. Today we finally got to the bottom of it,

Between the block and teh oil pump/cooler/filter assembly there is a pipe about an inch long, plastic/rubber with an O ring. well, it had a split in it. new one on order and according to Blackburn and Preston Audi they had not known of one going....

Hopefully this will sort it once and for all
Old 29th October 2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
and according to Blackburn and Preston Audi they had not known of one going....l
Garage speak for, we F***ed up, but hey! its you whose paying so what the hell
Old 29th October 2009, 08:59 PM
entwisi

nah, the mech is a good friend who openly said that the way it sat the fluid was effectively tracking a route close to the way the water pump leak was tracking. I saw it myself today and could do noting but agree. they also showed that under pressure it was self sealing so it was only in a window as the pressure dropped that it was leaking. They had a modified expansion chamber cap such that they can add an airline to it to pressure the system without running it. under pressureit was sealed, as the pressure was released it started weaping....

one of them silly ones I'm afraid