A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 15th March 2023, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
The biggest problem most of us have with the D2 brakes is that soft feel, which seems to be mostly down to the insecure mounting of the servo. Many of us have adopted MJs brake support block. This is exactly how mine is now after fitting it. A purely mechanical solution, quick and easy to fit. You might want to try it as well?

Start here for the full story: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1614
Continued here for UK people: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15947
Well this can improve a little bit, not whole problem. Internal bleeding is common problem for many old or high millage ABS system. Pedal going slowly almost to floor. Even if u change Brake servo with bigger/stronger with MC have same feeling of flooring brake pedal. If use stock caliper this feeling is blunted, but when put some big calipers/big brake setup/ this feeling is more effect.
ABS 5.7 to integrated on D2 is lot of work is need change of ECU, TCU and Instrument cluster. Now D2 is indentifing as A6/software/. Instrument cluster is reprogrammed eeprom to work correct fuel gauge with D2 fuel lever.
Old 15th March 2023, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
That is interesting thank you My 03 Allroad has 5.3 with the external pump and has awful brakes compared to my 03 A6 which has 5.something without the pump and has excellent brakes. It never occurred to me that the external pump could cause that. Tbh I suspected the single vs dual servo.

So, next question: what interaction does the cluster have with the ABS that requires changing to the C5 one? I thought it only talked to the ECU/TCU, other than warning lights?

Your English is fine, no worries I appreciate you indulging my curiosity.
So high pressure from MC going to this external pump which have one non return valve-which make internal bleeding and return fluid directly to tank. This idea is laying to me for more than 10 years, im not having D2 anymore.

About warning lights- is not solution to have christmass tree on dash. At this scenario not have ABS-ESP and etc. This can be done with bypass external pump. But for me is not solution.
So to work everything perfectly is need to be changed ECU from A6/S6 4.2, TCU/if have AT/, and of course instrument cluster to work correctly ABS. To be detailed cluster is needed only for correct reading of speed for ABS.
Old 27th March 2023, 07:47 AM

Are someone is interesting of info for abs conversion?
Old 27th March 2023, 09:44 PM
Banned

Yes!