A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 19th September 2011, 09:53 AM

Default what to do?

Well it's got to that time again now where the old MOT is due in the next couple of months. So she'll go in for that, now assuming she passes do i then get belt done and gearbox oil, filter change? I've been thinking about it for a while now. The 8 has lasted longer than I originally thought it would.

I was going to run it until it broke and then throw it away but I do love her and she hasn’t gone wrong (seriously) but is it worth throwing what ever a belt and box oil and filter will cost at her?

What am I looking at realistically £500? Bit less if I pay cash maybe I don’t know. Or do I take my chances and just run her till she spits the dummy and says “no more”
Old 19th September 2011, 01:11 PM

I'm in a similar quandry. New-ish MOT and tyres but with a sale value around equal to scrap. Car is going nicely but has developed an enlarging vertical crack in the windscreen. At what windscreen price do I scrap an otherwise lovely D2? But back to the belts etc I'd do it. Better the devil you know, and who knows what might actually be wrong with any replacement