A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 22nd April 2022, 12:16 PM

Derailing the thread slightly, but did you get any further on your search for an S6? I've been dipping in and out of a search for S6s myself, so am keeping a close eye on what's being listed for sale on a few sites.

I can't justify the stretch to it at the moment, but there is a beautiful 2017 Avant for sale in a very different colour rather than the usual monochrome shades. I'm not sure how long it's been on the market but if that's the one on your radar then it surely must be worth a look? B&O would have been nice to see on this particular car, and I think it must be an Exclusive body colour. It's listed on a main dealer's site unfortunately (so a few £thousand price inflation to begin with).
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 22nd April 2022, 02:24 PM

If you’re referring to the dark green one with wood dash trim, I did enquire about that one but both the spec is odd and the service history appears lacking. I think it’s one of those weird centrally ordered specs to show off elements of the options pages, as the RSE is rarely seen,likewise the wood. But who specs rear side airbags and doesn’t tick the box for heated rear seats?! It’s only been serviced twice and the gap between them was significant

The one I was really keen on sold within a week. The Mrs wasn’t up for any finance so it was a non-starter. The one I’d seen had the lovely sprint blue paint and ticked all my wish list of options (acc, pano roof, heated front and rear seats) and also added the all round camera view and HUD to the mix. Had the nicer 20” wheels too. I suspect another with similar spec won’t appear until that specific car appears on the market again……..was genuinely gutted 😞

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 22nd April 2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
But who specs rear side airbags and doesn’t tick the box for heated rear seats?!
Somebody who wants to protect their rear passengers in the event of a bump but doesn't feel the need to heat their bums up for a few days a year?

Seems completely reasonable to me!
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 22nd April 2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
Somebody who wants to protect their rear passengers in the event of a bump but doesn't feel the need to heat their bums up for a few days a year?

Seems completely reasonable to me!
Clearly, but my point is that it's a cheap option that combines well with the RSE and rear airbags if you want to cosset your rear seat passengers. I use my front heated seats quite a bit, but never had a car with rears and would like them and it seemed an odd option to omit in that case.

Assuming it is the car I described, here's a link to it - eta they've dropped the price £2k since I last looked:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...02202152553734

First service wasn't done till 21 months/15k miles, then 2 years 8 months till the next one at 31k miles. Big gaps and risky given the turbo oil feed issue with this engine, which appreciates annual ramps and stamps more than most (unless you're lucky enough to have the revised parts already!)

The one I loved was this one - eta - removed link as the image is too big for the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1527.PNG
Views:	77
Size:	6.81 MB
ID:	28164  

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC

Last edited by Adrian E; 22nd April 2022 at 06:03 PM.
Old 22nd April 2022, 06:39 PM

Oddly, I've had loads of cars with heated rear seats, including both my current ones.
Rather by default than choice and I can't recall a single occasion when any of them have been used!

Personally I never use the heated drivers seat, though SWMBO is quite a fan both as driver and (front) passenger!
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 22nd April 2022, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Oddly, I've had loads of cars with heated rear seats, including both my current ones.
Rather by default than choice and I can't recall a single occasion when any of them have been used!

Personally I never use the heated drivers seat, though SWMBO is quite a fan both as driver and (front) passenger!

Don't forget the heated steering wheel.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)