A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > House and Home DIY

House and Home DIY Everything at home. Building, Renovating, DIY, green initiatives, mowing the lawn. Anything goes

Old 28th June 2016, 10:23 PM

Dezzy, I asked the chap collecting the fare where she was built to which he responded "Bristol". I chewed this over, concluded no chance and suspected he could mean your yard, so I chased him down and he took me to the build sticker (so to speak). And there it was, Appledore. Lovely ship and they are keeping it nice and ship shape too

Thanks for the additional pictures. Someone asked me what your aim is with the garden. Silly bugg3r. I put him right. Your aim has been achieved... Digger
Old 29th June 2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Dezzy, I asked the chap collecting the fare where she was built to which he responded "Bristol". I chewed this over, concluded no chance and suspected he could mean your yard, so I chased him down and he took me to the build sticker (so to speak). And there it was, Appledore. Lovely ship and they are keeping it nice and ship shape too

Thanks for the additional pictures. Someone asked me what your aim is with the garden. Silly bugg3r. I put him right. Your aim has been achieved... Digger
Ah the ever helpful build sticker / plate, i'd have known her as AS164 until we knew the name. Good to know they're looking after her.

In this picture you can see a couple ships in construction, in the foreground are bits, upside down (that's the way they're built) and in the background is a ship nearly complete that is sat in the dry dock, that ship i think was Toisa Conqueror a Offshore Supply Vessel (Del might know it) but it will be painted international orange rather than primer.

and this piccy is looking in the dry dock at a pair of sister ships in differing stages of build. The one on the right is more complete and will float out first, then the one on the left will float over onto the right side. When the tide goes out and the remaining water pumped out there is a slot in the dock for the parts of the next ship to be dropped in on the left side.

The aim with that part of the garden is to make a drive. Now that i've accessorised the digger i'm good to go, although i could do with a little dumper now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dry Dock-looking fwd.JPG
Views:	1245
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	13736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blacksmiths slab.jpg
Views:	1224
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	13739  

Bright yellow bus o love.

Last edited by Dezzy; 29th June 2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 29th June 2016, 01:13 PM

Glad you explained what was going on in your garden. I thought you were re-creating the Battle of the Somme as a 100yr anniversary event.
Old 29th June 2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
Photo 1 was when we tried to dispose of Mike into the Atlantic lol
Yes you could call Pic 7 the ICTI2 incident!

. . . All will be revealed when your romping and raving reporters have finished writing their reports
Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
It does look like i got a bit carried away for sure but it's needed, honest it is. You ever need a little digger mate you know where to find one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Glad you explained what was going on in your garden. I thought you were re-creating the Battle of the Somme as a 100yr anniversary event.
That's sommething i hadn't considered. £5 tours available, no booking required £500 trench experience wk end's also available.

Old 26th September 2017, 04:26 PM

So it's been a little while and was due to a little issue i ran into that was no job, no money no driveway. But taaa daaaa.

This is my little digger lifting it's self up, as it was suggested that such a "toy" like that probably couldn't do it. However it does give an idea of how much soil that little toy shifted.

Looking the other way and the battle of the Somme debris has been cleared, nearly

Stood lower and the sleepers holding back the hardcore and extra steps i cast from an original to get to the new height
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0075.jpg
Views:	1059
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	17090   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0076.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	17091   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0004.jpg
Views:	1082
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	17093  

Last edited by Dezzy; 26th September 2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 26th September 2017, 04:59 PM

Subase whacked down ready for chippings.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0054_1.jpg
Views:	1069
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	17094   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0053_1.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	17095  

Old 26th September 2017, 07:48 PM

There'll be a car port going on that soon then?
The ambulvan is looking good though - you using Poorboys blackhole glaze on that
Old 27th September 2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
There'll be a car port going on that soon then?
The ambulvan is looking good though - you using Poorboys blackhole glaze on that
Car port is an option going forward, but not on the cards just yet.

Dodo juice banana armour