A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 30th November 2018, 10:48 AM

Default Help with acc

Morning!

I'm Dave, and its my first post. I have an a8 d3, 4.2tdi sport, with acc, which doesn't work or is misaligned/blocked. Is there someone who can help me with the set up etc? I don't mind travelling, and paying for your time. I don't have vagcom, and i wouldn't understand it any way. Any and all help greatly received....
Regards,
Dave
Old 30th November 2018, 02:37 PM

Hi Dave

Have you cleaned the sensor at the front?
Is your system showing three dots ••• and saying ACC unavailable or other wording or just not displaying anything?

'09 D3 S8 - Most of the bells and whistles (B&O, Audi Exclusive brown interior and exterior paint, soft close, ACC etc) de-flapped manifold!
Old 30th November 2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daw181 View Post
Is there someone who can help me with the set up etc? I don't mind travelling, and paying for your time.
Dave, while you're waiting for responses, take some time and head along to the Introductions section and tell us about yourself. The most important part to know is that we like photos of cars, so that will be the first thing we ask for.

Also, pop into the User Control Panel ('User CP') and add some details. Things that are useful here is your location, and also your signature, where you can put details of your car.

Payment options on here tend to take the form of 'beer tokens'. Welcome along.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 30th November 2018, 08:01 PM

Hello, welcome to the forum.

You can indeed reset and align the sensor yourself but it does need vcds to do so.

I'd be happy to clear the error for you if you are around Suffolk but you'd be better getting your own vcds incase the sensor needs alignment as the method I use requires reset drive for a while tweak if needed reset and repeat to get it tuned in.

If you don't want to go through all that then a dealer alignment is your only other choice.

Old 30th November 2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audidothat View Post
Hi Dave

Have you cleaned the sensor at the front?
Is your system showing three dots ••• and saying ACC unavailable or other wording or just not displaying anything?
Hiya mate, and thanks for the reply! It just says blocked when you try and set the acc. I have had the bumper off recently to fix the aircon, though it said the same before. Only thing I've done is to buy a new cover as the old one fell off.
Regards
Dave
Old 30th November 2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Hello, welcome to the forum.

You can indeed reset and align the sensor yourself but it does need vcds to do so.

I'd be happy to clear the error for you if you are around Suffolk but you'd be better getting your own vcds incase the sensor needs alignment as the method I use requires reset drive for a while tweak if needed reset and repeat to get it tuned in.

If you don't want to go through all that then a dealer alignment is your only other choice.
Thanks for the reply mate! Where are you in Suffolk? I can come down on weekends as im working away all week. I'm a truck driver, so driving is no problem. Plus it's an a8, and i love driving it. Tomorrow I'm busy, but Sunday is free. Bit short notice maybe?
Regards
Dave
Old 30th November 2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Dave, while you're waiting for responses, take some time and head along to the Introductions section and tell us about yourself. The most important part to know is that we like photos of cars, so that will be the first thing we ask for.

Also, pop into the User Control Panel ('User CP') and add some details. Things that are useful here is your location, and also your signature, where you can put details of your car.

Payment options on here tend to take the form of 'beer tokens'. Welcome along.
Hiya mate, and thanks for the welcome! Aye been and posted some stuff about me and the 8.
Very impressed with it so far! Love driving the thing, and I've always had big motors.
Old 1st December 2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daw181 View Post
Thanks for the reply mate! Where are you in Suffolk? I can come down on weekends as im working away all week. I'm a truck driver, so driving is no problem. Plus it's an a8, and i love driving it. Tomorrow I'm busy, but Sunday is free. Bit short notice maybe?
Regards
Dave
I'm in Lowestoft, but I'm away till the 5th and will be away again on the 11th so if you can squeeze in a visit I'd be happy to have a look for you.

Old 1st December 2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
I'm in Lowestoft, but I'm away till the 5th and will be away again on the 11th so if you can squeeze in a visit I'd be happy to have a look for you.
Next weekend then, if that's ok for you? Let me know when and where mate.
Old 4th December 2018, 11:11 AM

Check your messages