A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Lights

D2 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 16th July 2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverS8 View Post
Yes they can be split and cleaned. Done this to mine and it helped alot towards better light. What Nollywood means is that Its a sealed unit in the way that you can only purchase the complete headlamp.

I will prob remove the plastic plate for good. Met a guy recently that Had done just that and his lights was way way better.. i would hav thought this would be anoying for oncomming traffic, but we tested and did not find that the lights was a pita when meeting that car on a dark rainy road.

Anyways, i will keep the chrome look-alike on the bottom and around the drl's and just cut the square that covers lowbeam.

Good to know, thanks for the info.
Old 26th July 2013, 01:41 PM

I ended up completely removin gthe plastic "screen" and have been driving without for 6 months. Really prefer the better light it gives. Might lost some of the spread but stil alot better.

1993 Audi S4 2.2 TQ MTM 330 (my first love!)
Old 26th July 2013, 01:54 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

I've taken apart 2 or 3 sets of bi-xenons and they are very easy to dismantle and don't need baking in the oven.

And that inner plastic lens does clean up. David's8 made a really good job of his (I was less patient, so I'm going to try again!) Just be gentle with the plastic clips that secure it in place!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).