A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 23rd July 2011, 04:58 PM

Thanks Ian, I'll leave the trim off in case there's anything blindingly stupid that I've done!

Just been having another 'fiddle' but still no joy. I suppose it could be the camera itself, but then shouldn't the reverse signal put it into RVC video mode resulting in at least a blank screen?
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:06 PM

Start from basics. Code the unit for A6 and make sure your RNS-E software allows reverse switching (my version is 650). Make sure you supply +12V to proper pin when reversing (check this with multitester). You will see at least black screen when reversing is engaged.

If you passed black screen test then code unit A4. If there's no black screen now, your only option is Bjarne from audiforum.us with his Cangate.

I don't have experience with Kufatec IMA, so can't suggest, but this link may be helpful:

http://audiforum.us/threads/how-to-r...to-b7-a4.7570/
Old 24th July 2011, 06:17 AM

Thanks for the advice.

I coded for A6, still nothing, went into measuring blocks on Vagcom and no reverse signal detected. Recoded to A4 and reverse signal is detected, which I'm assuming is reading RFSL on pin C2 of the head unit?

So the indications are looking good, but I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that either the camera isn't working (checked it's getting power) or I need to complete the rest of the multimedia installation (ipod interface) to get everything working.

Watch this space...