A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 20th October 2011, 07:57 PM
Banned

Question HDD instead of cd changer

i was looking round some where before but cant find the thread now, there was something about using the navi plus and ridding the cd player or adding the HDD and fooling it to display like the 6 cd's normally would ? any one know anything about that ?
Old 20th October 2011, 07:59 PM
Banned

sorry just found it, did not realize it was called phatbox sorry to wast your time
Old 21st October 2011, 03:15 PM

If you are using Apple file format, you will probably find that the files won't work on one though

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels
Old 21st October 2011, 03:49 PM

On a related subject, does anyone know of any software that will automatically convert your iTunes format music library to mp3 without having to do anything much? Don't mind if it's something I have to buy - just don't want to do each album 1 at a time!
Old 21st October 2011, 04:54 PM

I'd use AVS Adrian and use batch mode to convert them all
http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Audio-Converter.aspx

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 24th October 2011, 07:58 AM

or you can do this in Itunes: change the ripping file format to MP3 in options and select the songs you want to convert, right mouse click and you get the option to convert to "Create MP3 Version".
Old 24th October 2011, 12:18 PM

Cheers for that - have downloaded the software Neil recommended which looks straightforward enough.

I have previously tried to convert some using an older version of itunes and it caused all sorts of problems which may not have been linked to what I was trying to do - I've been rebuilding my itunes library over the last couple of weeks so I'm hoping I've overcome some of the issues. May try the easy option again, but quite like the idea of segregating the 2 sets of music.
Old 24th October 2011, 06:32 PM

iTunes won't let you convert DRM protected stuff to MP3 (or it wouldn't last time I tried).

I know.. I know..

Old 25th October 2011, 08:14 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

I'm in the process of instaling a Phatnoise system. You can convert your iTunes library in iTunes without any additional software. See this link: http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-itunes-to-mp3.html .

I have a huge library, so it took hours, but I could do it in a 'batch' format, so I just left the computer to it. It seems to have worked OK. I'll next tryto import to the Phatnoise software and keep you posted. I might make this an epic thread that might even become a 'sticky' one day and do a step by step account of the installation.

I know I have issues to come as the instructions I have on my second-hand Phatbox don't include setting it up to the stereo system in my 2002 S8. Don't miss next week's exciting episode.....
Old 25th October 2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlue8 View Post

I know I have issues to come as the instructions I have on my second-hand Phatbox don't include setting it up to the stereo system in my 2002 S8. Don't miss next week's exciting episode.....
Should be straight forward plug and play. After I hacked mine and installed a 120 Gig drive it worked first time. It just takes hours to put anything on it.