A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 2nd July 2022, 01:40 PM

Default Audi s8 d3 5.2 litre v10 £3.5k

Hi guys I'm listing for sale my s8 5.2 litre v10, I bought it around 3 years ago from here, previous owner was olly.
In my ownership I've changed fuel filter, all discs, rocker gasket covers, all new spark plugs, a new oem battery that was coded to the car, aswell as general maintenance that has been done at least once a year, I've got all the history from olly and all work that I've had done in my ownership I believe.
Car is very well specced including.....
Spec includes:
Bang & Olufsen speakers
Solar panel sunroof
Adaptive Cruise Control (radar)
Rear seat entertainment with 6 DVD multichanger in the boot, and remote in the rear armrest
Audi Music Interface with genuine USB & Apple leads
Digital TV (with video in motion front and rear)
Fingerprint memory / start with keyless entry
Audi Parking System Advanced
Tyre-pressure monitoring (pressures & temperatures)
Through-load ski hatch and ski bag
HomeLink garage door opener
Electric rear and side privacy blinds
Twin-pane/UV insulating glass and heated windscreen

Now the bad, the car started hunting at idle and almost cuts out in neutral, when driving its perfectly fine so I bought a run around to get me a to work and back while I left the s8 with my dad who's a master tech to see if he can source the problem. Unfortunaly other family issues have got in the way and he's not had time to look at it.
Car got sorn a few months back and currently has no mot. The car was leaking oil which I was told is the rocker gaskets, which were both replaced, but the car still leaks oil slightly.
There's a patch with no lacquer on the front that was like this when I bought it from olly on here, and hasn't got any worse, and just before I drove this to my folks my neighbours daughter swiped the rear bumper slightly, it's mostly buffed out but is still there.
Car comes with a private plate of s8 fkd which when last checked was worth around £750.
Mileage is around 160k miles, but I'll confirm exactly when I see the car next.
Alloys were refurbed around a year ago but 1 is showing a kerb mark, and all 4 tyres were changed around 5000 miles ago too, so all have plenty of life remaining. Will also come with 3 brand new coil packs that I bought for as and when they fail.
With young boys and a hectic job I'm just not having the time to spend on the s8 and it pains me to see it sitting there, so i put it on here in the hope someone is willing to spend a little money to get her singing again.
As for the price I'm going to list it at £3.5k which I think is a bargain and leaves plenty of meat on the bone for someone willing to put the time in to sort the problems and still have a bargain. Any questions feel free to ask and I will answer as honestly as I can, cheers
Link to thread where I bought it on here: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...231#post151231

I will also try and get some pics up myself when I'm next over at my folks.
Collection would be from nuneaton/Warwickshire.
Haven't posted it for sale anywhere else yet either, will give it a couple of weeks on here first.

Last edited by Furryhobnob; 2nd July 2022 at 04:31 PM.
Old 2nd July 2022, 01:52 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220702-152105.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	28727

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220702-152135.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	28728
Old 2nd July 2022, 03:14 PM

Your price for this very well spec'd D3 S8 seems to be significantly on he low side to me.
Your car has an unusually high spec for an S8 and is in a great colour. Might be good to get up some decent pictures (camera phone held in landscape) asap
Good luck with it
Old 2nd July 2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Your price for this very well spec'd D3 S8 seems to be significantly on he low side to me.
Your car has an unusually high spec for an S8 and is in a great colour. Might be good to get up some decent pictures (camera phone held in landscape) asap
Good luck with it
Its hard to price really, as with the fluctuating revs at idle and not knowing what it is, I'm thinking worst case scenario then someone has still got a decent price.
I bought a coil pack tester and they all seem to be firing fine, it could be a maf issue or something else entirely, no engine management light either which makes matters even more confusing.
I'd just like it to goto someone who's got the time/money to sort it as there's not many of these around, will get pics ASAP, appreciate the input though
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:00 AM

I am interested in this as for once it is actually local to me and I could get it trailered. Let me get back to you asap.

Can I get first call on it?
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
I am interested in this as for once it is actually local to me and I could get it trailered. Let me get back to you asap.

Can I get first call on it?
Yeah im happy for you to have first call for now, I'm not in a massive rush, if you need my number or anything drop me a message, cheers
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:26 AM

Have you got more photos? My private messaging on here isn't working
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnypym123 View Post
Have you got more photos? My private messaging on here isn't working
I've tried replying to your private message you sent me, but it doesn't seem to send as there's nothing in my inbox, so I'll answer it here.....

Hi jonny, when ollie was having issues with idle I think it was due to carbon build up, he had that all sorted and the intake flaps removed.
Car drives fine when actually driving and moves through the gears ok too, if in neutral or d and sitting there the revs fluctuate to the point the car nearly cuts out.
As to the oil leak its not significant, if you park overnight sometimes there's oil under the car the next day, sometimes there's none?
Someone has asked for first call on it on the thread, i won't be able to get pics until I'm next over at my folks, which will likely be next weekend now, regards Frankie
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:46 AM

Thanks Frankie
Old 3rd July 2022, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furryhobnob View Post
Hi guys I'm listing for sale my s8 5.2 litre v10, I bought it around 3 years ago from here, previous owner was olly.
In my ownership I've changed fuel filter, all discs, rocker gasket covers, all new spark plugs, a new oem battery that was coded to the car, aswell as general maintenance that has been done at least once a year, I've got all the history from olly and all work that I've had done in my ownership I believe.
Car is very well specced including.....
Spec includes:
Bang & Olufsen speakers
Solar panel sunroof
Adaptive Cruise Control (radar)
Rear seat entertainment with 6 DVD multichanger in the boot, and remote in the rear armrest
Audi Music Interface with genuine USB & Apple leads
Digital TV (with video in motion front and rear)
Fingerprint memory / start with keyless entry
Audi Parking System Advanced
Tyre-pressure monitoring (pressures & temperatures)
Through-load ski hatch and ski bag
HomeLink garage door opener
Electric rear and side privacy blinds
Twin-pane/UV insulating glass and heated windscreen

Now the bad, the car started hunting at idle and almost cuts out in neutral, when driving its perfectly fine so I bought a run around to get me a to work and back while I left the s8 with my dad who's a master tech to see if he can source the problem. Unfortunaly other family issues have got in the way and he's not had time to look at it.
Car got sorn a few months back and currently has no mot. The car was leaking oil which I was told is the rocker gaskets, which were both replaced, but the car still leaks oil slightly.
There's a patch with no lacquer on the front that was like this when I bought it from olly on here, and hasn't got any worse, and just before I drove this to my folks my neighbours daughter swiped the rear bumper slightly, it's mostly buffed out but is still there.
Car comes with a private plate of s8 fkd which when last checked was worth around £750.
Mileage is around 160k miles, but I'll confirm exactly when I see the car next.
Alloys were refurbed around a year ago but 1 is showing a kerb mark, and all 4 tyres were changed around 5000 miles ago too, so all have plenty of life remaining. Will also come with 3 brand new coil packs that I bought for as and when they fail.
With young boys and a hectic job I'm just not having the time to spend on the s8 and it pains me to see it sitting there, so i put it on here in the hope someone is willing to spend a little money to get her singing again.
As for the price I'm going to list it at £3.5k which I think is a bargain and leaves plenty of meat on the bone for someone willing to put the time in to sort the problems and still have a bargain. Any questions feel free to ask and I will answer as honestly as I can, cheers
Link to thread where I bought it on here: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...231#post151231

I will also try and get some pics up myself when I'm next over at my folks.
Collection would be from nuneaton/Warwickshire.
Haven't posted it for sale anywhere else yet either, will give it a couple of weeks on here first.
You have PM

The Daily Town Car - 2023 Tesla Model Y Performance. Black with Black. Giant ipad screen, huge sunroof, 4 wheel drive, Tow bar, lots of ooomph and made in China, so actually built properly unlike the Californian ones.

The Family Wagon - 2018 Tesla Model X. Black, 7 Seats, Towbar, Homelink, Enhanced Auto pilot with Summon and self park, Heated front seats, CCS Charger upgrade, MCU2 Upgrade, Falconwing Doors, Self opening / closing doors, Netflix, Spotify, toys, Air suspension, alcantara roof + lots of other stuff......

The 17 year old Driver Wagon 2015 Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo. Alloys, Power steering, Aircon, Leccy windows, Sat Nav, bluetooth, central locking, cup holders, 59 whole bhp. Million times better than my first car. Well jealous.....

The First 20 Audis:

2001 D2 4.2 QS Silver, 1997 D2 S8 Silver, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2002 D2 S8 Dolphin Grey,
2003 C5 RS6 Blue, 1998 D2 S8 Black, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue, 2003 D3 4.2 Ming Blue,
2005 B7 S4 Blue, 2006 D3 3.0 Tdi Black, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2003 D3 4.2 LPG Crystal Blue,
2000 D2 S8 Silver, 2007 3.0 Tdi Q7 Black, 2009 B8 S4 Black, 1998 D2 S8 Agate Grey,
2006 D3 4.2 Tdi Blue, 2006 D3 S8, 2007 Q7 3.0 Tdi, 2006 C6 S6,

The Second 20 Audis:

2011 A7 Sline, 2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2002 A2 1.4 Tdi Silver, 2006 A8 4.2 Tdi Blue,
2007 4.2 Tdi Q7, 2006 S4 Cab Silver, 2010 RS6 Saloon Black , 2007 TT Roadster,
2010 A8 D4 4.2 Silver, 2006 C6 A6 2.7 Tdi Quattro, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue (again), 2008 Q7 4.2 Black,
2009 C6 RS6 Saloon Daytona Grey, 2001 Fully Loaded A2 Tdi, 2006 Avant S6 Black, 2007 VW Caravelle Exec Black (almost an Audi)
2009 TT Roadster Daytona, 2015 Q7 4.2 tdi lava grey, 2002 GmbH D2 demonstrator, 2006 D3 A8 LWB 4.2 Tdi Black

Most Recent Audis:

2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2007 4.2 FSi Q7 ABT Blue, 2016 S5 Coupe Launch model, 2004 S4 B6 Cabriolet, 2016 Q7 Sline White, 2006 Q7 4.2 FSi Black, 2012 Q7 Sline+ 4.2Tdi White, 2008 Blue Audi S8

Everything Else

1989 Subaru Justy, 1986 Vauxhall Cartlton 2.0 GL, 1985 Vauxhall Carlton 2.2 CDi, 1987 Ford Sierra XR4x4, 1983 Vauxhall Senator, 1985 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i, 1997 Polo Saloon, 1997 Peugeot 306 1.9 TDi, Ford Sierra Sapphire 2000E, 1990 Subaru Justy, 2000 Subaru Impreza, 2000 Subaru Impreza RB5, 1993 Range Rover LSE, 2005 VW Bora, 2003 Skoda Superb, 2003 VW Passat V6 4 Motion, 1996 Peugeot 106, 2000 Range Rover 4.0, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance